Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gloworm X2 – not working
  • willber
    Free Member

I have a Gloworm X2 (version 2) and its just stopped working. Checked the battery pack (with another light) and thats OK, so must be either the switch or the light unit. Thing is it was working last night, then today when I came to use it, it turned on but then kept turning off – now it wont come on at all.

Its just (and i mean just) inside its first 2 years. Are CRGmoto/neninja still knocking about on these boards? Feel i bit miffed that a so called quality product should just give up – I could have but several deal extreme lights for the cost of the gloworm so I hope it can be salvaged.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Have you contacted CRGMoto ?

I wonder what percentage of Gloworm lights have failed compared to the percentage of deal extreme lights ? I suspect it is very low and your protestations are unfounded.

rob2
    Free Member

You can reset it. I think it’s just by holding the button done for 15seconds until the light flashes. Might help

hammyuk
    Free Member

Before you get “a bit miffed” try getting the instruction book out and running through the reset procedures.
    It might not be the light – remember just because the battery works on another light the Gloworm has a lot of electronics inside controlling programming, functions, etc. if it thinks the battery is faulty it will protect itself

lovewookie

CRGMoto IME are really good with diagnosing and fixing any issues I’ve had, defaulting to the we’ll send you a new bit out, you send the old one return post.

Give them a mail, they’re normally pretty quick to respond.

st66

I had a similar problem with mine – turned out to be a problem with the remote switch. I sent it back to CRGMoto and they replaced the unit with no hassle. Mine was just within the 2yr warranty

neninja
    Free Member

willber – 2 year warranty so it will get sorted for you. Was it yourself who emailed? As I said send it over and I’ll get it working or replaced.

stevede
    Free Member

OP – surely your first move should’ve been to get in touch with Danny rather than bitching about it on here. You could have had several inferior Chinese lights for the same price and you may have been lucky and one of them would still be working (and the chargers not caught fire). You bought a decent light that 2 years down the line has developed a fault that will get sorted if you give the man a chance to sort it, to his credit he’s replied to your moaning on here too. Doubt deal extreme or similar would do that for you.
    I own both a gloworm x2 and xs, the main reason I went for the xs a few weeks back was down to how Danny dealt with me when my x2 developed a fault after nearly 2 years of very regular use.

RockWallaby
    Free Member

+1 for Danny as he has been great to deal with. Both of my battery chargers died on me at roughly the same time, a couple of emails later, two new battery chargers were sent to me in South Korea, free of charge. You can’t as for better service than that.

Teedertodder

Could be the switch. Mine did the same. Contacted Danny and had replacement head unit in the post couple of days later. Awesome service 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm X2 – not working’ is closed to new replies.