Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Gloworm X2 lights – first thoughts
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Just ordered one.

I’ve always used torches on my helmet – where does the battery pack go? I guess in a camelback.. any tips on this?

mattsccm
    Free Member

How long is that Gloworm cable? looks a good bet but can the battery cable reach a rear pocket?

neninja
    Free Member

Cheers reggiegasket

The battery pack can go in a back pack or a rear jersey pocket.

It comes with an extension cable long enough to reach a jersey back pocket.

mattsccm – The extension cable itself gives an additional 87.5cm length – total cable length from light head to battery pack is 127.5cm.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Danny – can you bob a few Velcro dots to me as well please mate – cheers!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ta.

neninja
    Free Member

M6TTF – no problem

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

neninja im tempted by one of these instead of a exposure diablo im running at the mo – im struggling to get it setup right on my sworks prevail helmet, as its pointing to far down and if i put right on top it still makes me have to dip my head to get a decent line of light 🙁

looking at the glowworm it looks like you would be able to change the angle to suit etc?

also does the remote etc strap to the helmet so its not flapping about?

neninja
    Free Member

Yes, the X2 should mount in exactly the same way as the one on the Giro towards the top of the page with the light sitting over the middle vent and the strap going through the 2 vents either side.

The light can be set at any angle on the mount so you would be able to set it to the perfect position to avoid having to dip your head.

The remote switch has velcro hooks fixed to the back of it. The kit then comes with some velcro loop spots to put on the side of your helmet and handlebar to mount the switch to. Have a look at the picture at the top to give you an idea. I’ve never found a need to do anything to secure the remote cable as it’s held by the velcro but do tend to use a bit of electrical tape on the battery cable to hold it in the position I want.

neninja
    Free Member

Here’s a couple of pictures of a helmet mounted X2 version 1 (which mounts the same way but has smaller optics).

ed34
    Free Member

How does the remote mount onto the bars if you are using the light bar mounted, is it just velcro as well, and does this work ok on the curved surface of the bars?

neninja – when does that special offer code end, today or tomorrow?

Thanks

neninja
    Free Member

A quick update – the £20 off promotion finishes tomorrow at midnight (Sat 15th).

After the crazy demand over the past couple of weeks, any orders placed from now will be shipped towards the end of next week.

If anyone would prefer to wait until the extra stock has arrived before ordering, that’s fine I will honour the deal if they email me before the offer finishes – crgmoto@gmail.com

neninja
    Free Member

The velcro works fine on the bars. The remote switch is only small and very light and so stays in place very well. The new velcro patches we now have make this even better as the loops are deeper so grab even more.

singlespeedstu

Does this light use the same leds as the MTB batteries new luminator light?

If it does how come this only puts out 1200 lumens and the other claims to put out 2000 lumens?

(Sorry if that’s a dumb question.)

neninja
    Free Member

The Gloworm X2 uses two Cree XM-L U2 emitters delivering 1300 lumens in it’s highest setting. They have a theoretical output of a little over 1000 lumens each in perfect lab conditions (not mounted in a light). I think the MTB batteries light uses the U2 as well hence the claim of 2000 lumens.

Gloworm quote the actual lumen output rather than a theoretical maximum. The highest setting on the Gloworm X2 is within the Bush mode at 1300 lumens.

Gloworm have balanced battery life, lumen output, heat management and emitter life which means running emitters at less than their maximum output to optimise performance. This means the X2 gets good run times for high lumen output without constantly switching to a lower mode due to over heating.

By comparison, Lupine’s Piko uses 2 XM-L T6 emitters with a potential of around 1000 lumens each but they claim 750 lumens for the pair for the same reasons as above. The X2 is slightly larger than the Piko and has increased surface area due to the size and fins so can drive it’s more efficient XM-L U2’s harder for increased output.

Heat management on the X2 is aided by the extensive use of those fins on the casing to increase surface area to dissipate heat quickly and efficiently, especially when air is moving across them.

I can’t comment on what MTB Batteries light is like in terms of output or heat management as I’ve never actually seen one apart from in pictures.

neninja
    Free Member

Apologies to anyone who has tried to order today. The offer code finished 24 hours earlier than it should have. Doh.

I’ve reset it and added an extra 24 hours so no-one misses out as a result of the error. It will now expire at 23.55 on 17th September.

The same code GLOWORM20 still applies.

philfive
    Free Member

What’s the price including the discount code?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

150-20=130

neninja
    Free Member

philfive – as reggiegasket says the price is £130 with the discount code. Delivery is free.

For anyone who tried the code and found it had expired, it’s now sorted and working correctly.

jimr80
    Free Member

Neninja

i tried to order one of these lamps this morning , but the site wouldn’t take me to paypal so i could pay and has left the order pending with no link to pay??
    Anything you can do ??
    email in profile.

cheers jim

neninja
    Free Member

Jim
    I’ve not come across that problem before sorry it was being temperamental.
    I’ve sent a Paypal request so you can complete the order. The website did collect your address and contact details.
    Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

A reminder the £20 off promotion finishes tonight (Monday) at 23:55 – GLOWORM20

We are down to the last few unallocated lights from this weeks consignments so order promptly if you want to be sure of delivery this week.

More lights are arriving with us on Monday/Tuesday of next week.

luke1688

Ordered one today! Looking forward to getting hold of it for the weekend. Can’t recommend Danny (neninja) enough. Top bloke to deal with- answered all questions quickly and efficiently!

neninja
    Free Member

Thanks Luke, very kind of you.

grahamt1980

I just ordered a set, girlfriend has too, hoping for child and dry this winter to get the use out of them

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Just ordered a set off the back of this thread; thanks guys.

Neninja, my order ref ends in 73, could you email me to confirm the delivery address as paypal is trying to send it to my home address and I wanted it to go to work 🙂

Cheers

Neil

neninja
    Free Member

Thanks Graham, does your girlfriend have the initials CD?

Neil – email sent. Our website captured the correct delivery address, it’s just a Paypal oddity.

Thanks for the orders. They should be with you on Friday.

luke1688

No email confirmation for me yet mate? I’m guessing I’ll just get one when dispatched as I paid by phone?

neninja
    Free Member

Luke – you’ll get confirmation at point of dispatch (Thursday) and also email updates from the courier to confirm that the order is out for delivery.

I can email you a confirmation of receipt of your order as it’s on the system.

grahamt1980

Hey Neninja, yep that’s correct. You may as well stick them in the same parcel if you want.

neninja
    Free Member

Graham – great, I’ll make a note to ship them together.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

quick report – firstly danny ‘neninja’ is an absolute legend! seriously his customer service is absolutly top draw, and i mean that, hes up there with the best companies/people ive ever had the pleasure to deal with!

secondly used this light a helmet only light (whilst waiting for new exposure bar light to arrive), and i must say im absolutly massively impressed by it, the 1200 lumens on full is stupid bright, its such a good spread of light, and its a very very crisp clear lens system….

thirdly this isnt some cheap dx jobbie, this thing is superbly made, the battery looks classy (if thats possible), the light unit is so small and neat you dont even notice it on your bonce!

its infinitely adjustable on the go, so you can throw the light further ahead, or just point it down on techy sections on the go…something i struggled with torches etc as they are only really adjustable left or right

im massively impressed with it, ive got a very powerful bar mount on the way, but to be honest, this as a helmet light was plenty for me last night (thought i’d never say a helmet light is enough on its own), but it really was, one on the bars and one on the helmet would be superb i’d guess, though i cant comment on the bar setup as i used it as a helmet light…

its perfect as a helmet light, due its weight, ease of use, compact/small and its runs for hours on high mode so you’ll never be caught out!

honestly ive used exposure joysticks, diablos, dx’ lights, fenix torches etc etc etc on my helmet and this blows them all out of the water!

cheers again danny, keep up the good work!

neninja
    Free Member

Wow – thanks Oscillate Wildly, glad you’re so happy with the light and the service.

I hope you have lots of fun riding with it.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Hmm.Was looking for a new helmet light and OW’s gushing review may well have persuaded me …..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

no probs danny – credit where credits due i say! you are also selling an excellent product imo!

toxic socks, i ride peak stuff , and some lets say challenging sections in pitch black, and from my first outing last night, it was more than enough on its own, i doubt id really need a bar one as well as this helmet one, i was never caught short of vision last night on any section i did..

as said ive used all the torches you can buy really, from exposure to chinese ones, and this is just mentally brilliant as a helmet light… its lighter, easy to use, great spread of light, powerful, nice crisp colour and has loads of run time etc etc…

its just a no brainer i must say! if i hadnt already bought a new exposure bar light, id just buy another one of these for the bars no questions asked!

neninja
    Free Member

Just a quick post to let people know that the new Gloworm QR handlebar mount will be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

They will be a £15 upgrade for the X1 and X2 (the O-ring mount will still be included free with the X2) and will be CNC’d from billet aluminium alloy so a quality bit of kit.

People have kept asking if I’ll do another offer on the X2 so I have decided to offer a 10% discount running until the end of the month – ‘bonus10’ gets you £15 off! Perfect for Christmas 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

Sweet, does that code work on the X1 intro too 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Looks good, any chance of an email when that’s available?

Pukeko
    Free Member

😮 1 week too late for the discount…oh well.

X2 is great, very pleased so far. Quick delivery too! Another satisfied customer.

New bar mount is on shopping list.

neninja
    Free Member

Yes I will email all X2 customers when they are in.

Matt – I’m afraid it only works for X2 purchases – the £20 off introductory offer on the X1 is plenty 😉

Should have quality pictures of the production version of the X1 and beamshots by the weekend.

Edit – Pukeko, pleased to hear you are happy with your X2. Email me and I’ll sort something out.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm X2 lights – first thoughts’ is closed to new replies.