Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Gloworm X1 Light
  • neninja
    Free Member

A few people have posted and emailed interest in the new Gloworm X1 Single U2 light wanting to see pictures.

Here are the first pictures of the production version hot off the presses, more pictures should be available including beamshots later in the week –

mugsys_m8

neninja,
    Béné sends her thanks for the pakage that came through the post. the battery strap is MUCH better!

That single light looks really neat.How does it compare with the X2 we’ve bought?

hammyuk
    Free Member

I think I’m going to punt for one of these and an X2 at the end of the month 🙂
    When are they shipping?

neninja
    Free Member

Hi Mugsys_m8 – glad she received the bits ok. Has Béné got any 24 hour races planned for this year?

The X1 has been designed mainly as a helmet light to compliment the X2. The main differences between the X1 and the X2 are –

Gloworm X1
    Single Cree XM-L U2 emitter
    850 lumens
    Lighthead 58g including switch harness and mount
    2 cell battery pack giving 2.25hrs on max (upgrade to 4 cell battery pack available)
    Helmet mount (optional QR bar mount available compatible with X1 and X2)
    Comes with 3 new custom optics – Superspot, Spot and Flood

Gloworm X2
    Twin Cree XM-L U2 emitters
    1200+ lumens
    Lighthead 80g including switch harness and helmet mount
    4 cell battery pack as standard (2.5 hours on max)
    Helmet mount and O-ring bar mount (optional QR handlebar mount available – fits X1 and X2)
    Standard Spot/Flood optics (spot and flood optics available to customise beam pattern)

neninja
    Free Member

hammyuk – the X2 is in stock and the X1 is due here the first week in December. There’s an X1/X2 bundle offer at £225 for both at the moment.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just seen that and will be placing the order asap 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

The pre-order price of £100 has been extended for 1 more week – stock is expected to arrive now on 15th December.

Orders will be shipped on a guaranteed next day service when they arrive so people will receive their lights in time for Christmas.

neninja
    Free Member

Some exciting news for those of you waiting on their X1.

Gloworm X1 will now be coming with XM-L U3 emitters instead of the XM-L U2 that was originally planned. The U3 emitter will give an extra boost to brightness of around 8% (70 lumens).

They just managed to acquire U3 this week and for this reason delayed production slightly. They will be shipping to the UK on 18th December and so with a fair wind will just scrape in before Christmas.

The QR mounts will be available and ship at the same date.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Order placed yesterday with special delivery – guess that might be delayed somewhat :-/

neninja
    Free Member

I’ll ship the X1 asap and refund the express shipping.

The website does say that the X1 isn’t arriving until next week but apologies if you missed it. It will be worth the small delay to get the extra 70 lumens (or longer run times on lower settings).

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cheers Neninja 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

The Gloworm X1s have finally arrived and all pre-orders have been shipped so if you are waiting for one it should be with you in the next couple of days.

I have to say I’m pretty wowed by the finished article – it’s really small, light and throws like a good’un. On my scales it weighs in at 60g including the helmet mount and remote switch.

Here are some pictures of the finished article and some comparison pictures to show it’s size next to the X2 and a Smudge XM-L T6 light I own.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ll be taking some beamshots tonight and tomorrow with the 3 optics it comes with as standard – Superspot, spot and flood plus some comparison shots vs the X2 and the T6 reflector light.

dyls

Are these in stock now?

neninja
    Free Member

Yes in stock now

variflex
    Free Member

Danny,
    Did you get the beam shots?
    Would be interested to see the comparison with the X2.
    Rgds
    Jonathan

M6TTF
    Free Member

took my pair of X1 and X2 out on Saturday.

The X1 is an awesome bit of kit. Id say it outshines the X2!

Way more throw than the X2. Ive not used the X2 on the bars before, but was happy with it as a helmet light. The X1 blows it out of the water as a helmet light. i ended up setting the X2 quite low to flood the immediate trail and let the X1 light the way ahead.

great pair of lights, cant imagine wanting more.

variflex
    Free Member

Excellent, just ordered one and will run it on helmet and keep the MaxxD on the bars. Should keep everyone well and truly blinded 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

Just ordered one too, hoping to get away with just the helmet light.

Is there a Headstrap available for the X1?

julioflo
    Free Member

neninja – Hi, is there a headstrap available for the X1 and X2 to use either as a headtorch for Bivvying, trailrunning etc?

Oooo Just seen JEngledow’s post asking the same!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is neninja still knocking around? i emailed him before xmas and got a reply – but have since tried and not heard a beep, just after a velcro patch for the button as mine has come off and my button unit is now flapping about everywhere

variflex
    Free Member

yes, danny emailed me earlier ref battery life on the X1, so he’s about. Probably busy catching up after xmas.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

🙁

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have my set and I agree that the Velcro dots on bother the X1 and X2 are poor and let down what is a cracking product.
    Better than my Lupine in quality – I would of expected a nice clever mount for the switch.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve received an email from Danny stating:

The X1 and X2 headstraps are the same – there is a new updated version arriving later this week.

The new version uses wider elasticated straps for more comfort.

neninja
    Free Member

Sorry folks I hadn’t seen the updates to the thread

Danny,
    Did you get the beam shots?
    Would be interested to see the comparison with the X2.
    Rgds
    Jonathan

I did get some which I posted on MTBR but they aren’t very good as the wind was that strong it was moving the camera on the tripod during the exposure (the standard for MTBR beamshots is 6secs) making them very out of focus.

I’ll try to get more tomorrow.

is neninja still knocking around? i emailed him before xmas and got a reply – but have since tried and not heard a beep, just after a velcro patch for the button as mine has come off and my button unit is now flapping about everywhere

Hi Dave – sorry I thought we’d left it that I would send the new patch as soon as the spare ones arrived. You should have the strip of velcro I posted as a stop gap now.

neninja
    Free Member

Gloworm assure me that the velcro coming away on the switch should no longer be an issue – they’ve changed adhesive used. I’ve not had anyone contact me about the same issue since that time (touch wood).

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers neninja apologies out was before I had a response, so my fault….Danny sorted Me out a strip of velcro out of his own pocket, so is a top bloke for me, hopefully I’ll get this to stick down but been assured when patches come in I’ll get one of those too….great service as always Id say! The x2 is s great light and I’m sure this x1 would be a perfect combo alongside the x2

neninja
    Free Member

Cheers OW

The X2 got an awesome review in MBUK this week in the Feb 13 issue – 4.5 out of 5 stars and also awarded MBUK Most Wanted and Value ratings.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm X1 Light’ is closed to new replies.