Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gloworm X1 – first thoughts
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I bought a Gloworm X1 just after Xmas, I’ve been using it for the past couple of weeks and thought I’d give my initial thoughts.

The kit you get is:

– Light unit, with a remote switch
    – Battery, in a hard case with charge indication of 20% 80% and 100%
    – Three lenses, a flood, spot and super spot (I’d liken these to a Hope R4, a Joystick and a Diablo in shape – in intensity a lot lot brighter)
    – 2 velcro straps, one for the light, on for the battery
    – some velcro squares for the remote switch
    – Battery charger
    – Small case for light and battery

Duration of light:

The power of the light is a bit higher than that or my 900 lumen Diablo, but with the optics you can get a really nice narrow beam which becomes a lot lot brighter than the Diablo.

The flood optic has a very similar power output as the Hope R4, the beam batter is remarkably similar – which is strange as the R4 has 4 cree R5s, and the X1 has a single UML2.

The construction isn’t a good as that of the Exposure or Hope light, and the mounting isn’t as simple as a Joystick or Diablo. But it is very light, and with the battery pack in a rucksack I don’t notice the light on my helmet.

I’ll see if I can post up some beam shots later tonight,

Cheers

Ricks

Shibboleth
    Free Member

My X2 developed a fault recently, a quick email to Danny (Neninja) and he’s sending a new one out to me complete with a post-paid envelope to return the faulty one.

Can’t argue with the customer service, second to none. And apart from the recent fault, the light is a pleasure to use…

beaker

Looking forward to getting my X1 (courtesy of the Tuesday Treats comp!) and giving it a good test later this week….

stevemorg2

Really pleased with my X2 – well made and works well as a helmet lamp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm X1 – first thoughts’ is closed to new replies.