Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gloworm lights troubleshooting
  • lucky7500

I have a Gloworm X2 light, bought pretty much three years ago, which has suddenly stopped working. It has seen regular winter use throughout that time with no problems. I sort of assume that either the battery or bulb has given up. Is there any way of checking which the culprit might be?

kamenev
    Free Member

Do you have another battery you can try with it? That way you can eliminate whether or not it is the battery. Anyone with a magicshine / chinese light could assist as the gloworm uses the same style connector and battery voltage.

If its not the battery then I can’t help. Might ISON be able to help. I think they have service a centre here for gloworms albeit at cost if out of warranty?

stevied
    Free Member

Have you got a multi-meter with a diode check function? If you have you could use that to make sure the LED’s are working.

lucky7500

Thanks for the replies. I don’t have another battery unfortunately, but could borrow a multi meter, so will go for that first. ISON was going to be my next port of call to see if there is anything that they could do out of warranty.

ferrit
    Free Member

Had a few issues with mine too.

Pretty sure mine was also out of warranty but give

Mark@mtbbatteries.co.uk

a shout – he services in the UK for Gloworm and has helped me a few times. Top guy.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Had issues with mine, was the switch. Was out of warranty but new importers sorted it via mark mentioned above, cost me about £20 + post iirc

devash
    Free Member

I had a couple of issues with mine (albeit not electrical) and ISON were brilliant sorting under warranty. Give them a shout first.

The one thing I don’t like about the X2 is the remote switch. Would much rather the unit have the switch built into the head as its one less thing exposed to go wrong.

lucky7500

Thanks guys. Sounds like ISON / Mark is definitely the way to go and £20 or so would be a fantastic outcome so I’ll hope for the best.

The one thing I don’t like about the X2 is the remote switch. Would much rather the unit have the switch built into the head as its one less thing exposed to go wrong.

I couldn’t agree more. Mine is always on the bar (although I realise other people use them differently) and would much rather have a button on the unit itself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gloworm lights troubleshooting’ is closed to new replies.