Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Gloves..
  • philstone

I need some new gloves.. Hunting through the usual online stores and there are loads, but can’t find what I’m looking for..

I want some warm gloves (not full-on winter gloves with loads of layers) just something thats not mesh across the back, that are touchscreen compatible..

Any suggestions? Seen some TLD Ace on offer but not sure about the warmth (or lack) of them.

Cheers!

matt_outandabout

Look at some of the hillwalking brands – North Face make some nice thicky polypropylene gloves with touchy bits on

sharkattack

100% Brisker.

Like a normal lightweight riding glove but with a thick windproof top and touchscreen finger tips.

I like mine.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Karrimor fleece gloves. can be used on touchscreen, warm not windproof but keep hands warm enough. Cheap at sports direct

jam-bo

If you lick the finger on a normal glove it’ll work on a touchscreen.

Kamakazie

Take a look at the 100% Brisker gloves, should fit the bill.

nickdavies

Fox dirtpaw

Use mine all year round, protective, warm enough but ok in summer and only a bit nippy in the coldest of weathers.

Normally buy a few pairs when stiff have a sale on the only negative is they don’t last that long. Probably get around 12 months out of a pair but they’re only £15 a pop. Not sure on finger touch screen but thumb works fine!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Defeet dura. I used mine on Saturday when it was -3°C.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Defeet dura. I used mine on Saturday when it was -3°C.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

100% brister gloves are decent , although they have a meaningless buzzword phrase on the palms

Dark-Side

Another vote for 100% Briskers here.

creamegg
    Free Member

Yep 100% brisker

jonba
    Free Member

Defeet at -3? Suppose it depends on the person as I was doubling up my nightvisions with silk liners. Defeet are for chilly road rides in march not winter for me!

Phew do some windproof ones which I like.

momo

Yet another vote for the 100% Brisker, was wearing mine yesterday. I’m a convert to 100% gloves now though after buying some when i was Antur Stiniog when my old 661s split.

zero-cool
    Free Member

100% Brisker gloves look good, but I’ve spoken to a few guys who’ve had them fall apart rather quickly.
    Madison Element gloves are a good price and nice to wear, I’ve worn then in wet and cold days in the mountains, as well as in the summer when I’ve packed them by mistake.

Tom KP

po8748850

Mountain Equipment Touch Grip Glove
    http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/touch-grip
    Warm.
    Grippy finger pads.
    Not waterproof though.
    Decent length on the cuff for tucking underneath your sleeves.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

How doe people find the brisker gloves when its below freezing?

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve been pretty pleased with the £12.50 Decathlon winter gloves.
    I wore them for a 3 hour road ride Saturday (temp was just below zero as puddles frozen)
    Only time I noticed my hands were a little cold was on one big hill decent – but my eyeballs also felt like they were freezing solid so hands not such an issue. (Strava said 37mph – so reasonable amount of windchill)
    The vents in Oakley racing jacket lenses are not so good in winter!

rocketman
    Free Member

How doe people find the brisker gloves when its below freezing?

ime at or close to freezing is their limit. For me they are OK providing my hands are warm to begin with but the neoprene back seems to suck heat away for several minutes until it warms through. If I’m putting in enough effort to generate some heat they’re fine but they don’t keep my hands warm per se

Northwind

I was sure I saw stick-on touchscreen thingers for normal gloves a while back, but now I can’t find a trace… am I imagining things? Could be pretty useful…

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m really liking my Fox Polar Sidewinders. Warm enough (bought them at BPW when it snowed overnight) but I can still feel bars/levers through them.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We’re pretty hardy north of the wall. I did have my Sealskinz on for a short while but the only time I had cold hands was the final fast descent to the van.

Yak

Liking my briskers too right now at about 2 weeks in. Fine for down to about freezing, or a bit under if it’s dry. Best thing is the feel from the thin palm – like a summer glove.

bigjim

Fox Polar Sidewinders

These do look nice but seem to be a bit tighter than normal fox sizing, I have M Digits but will have to get a L in these ones.

Why are people needing gloves for touch screens?

rossburton
    Free Member

STRAAAAVVAAAA

Or more likely for me, checking where I am on my phone’s OS maps.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yep another vote for the 100% Briskers, mine are wearing well too.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Are the briskers warm enough for most of the UK winter?

Also looking at the Altura Dexter

or has anyone tried the the giant winter gloves ?

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Chill-Long-Finger-Cycling-Winter-Gloves_74779.htm

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Gloves..’ is closed to new replies.