Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • gloucester
  • TrailerPark
    Free Member

I'm moving to gloucester in the near future (once i've sold my flat), anyone know what the riding is like around that way?

psling
    Free Member

Good riding on Cotswold Escarpment above town, Forest of Dean about 15 miles away, good access to Mendips & Quantocks to the south and to South Wales parks (Cwmcarn, Afan, Glyncorrwg) and natural (Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons) plus Worcestershire Alps (Malverns) just up the road.

Stoner
    Free Member

as psling says, as a location from which to go riding it's pretty well located but Im not sure it makes up for having to actually live there 🙂

MrOvershoot

Still with your user name you should fit right in 😉

ski
    Free Member

Forest of Dean is on your doorstep, Malvern, Cleeve/Leckhampton Hill, Wyre Forest, Cotsworlds are a short trip away.

Gooner
    Free Member

twinned with Royston Vasey!

orat least the bit where my sistser lives is

TrailerPark
    Free Member

Ref MrOvershoot "With your username you should fit right in"
    Yup, I was born in gloucester. I left when i was still young though, thats how i learnt to read and write.

mrmo
    Free Member

may i make a suggestion, don't move to Gloucester, anywhere else in Gloucestershire is ok but not Gloucester…

riding is OK, mud in winter is a pain though.

tang
    Free Member

welcome to painswick beacon/ cranham woods, sweet trails in beech forest, when they are not being blocked by jim bowen.

IHN

What Stoner said.

There's quite a few of us around there though, so you should be able to find someone to ride with. You can even join the "hasn't it been quiet recently, it's almost as if the fella that organises it hasn't really bothered for a while" STW Cotswold Massiv.

ski
    Free Member

2nd what mrmo said, not a place where I would want to live tbh

Its quite a rough town for a night out, having Cheltenham so close, I would be inclined to look more that way if I had a choice.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Well if you do make it over here then get in touch and we'd be happy to show you the best bits 🙂

http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘gloucester’ is closed to new replies.