Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Glorious winter sunshine!! Who's out for a spin??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Looking like a lovely winters morning, not a cloud in the sky! Reckon its gonna be busy out there today. Bring on the dog dodging 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ll be out for a shakedown run. New bike time 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep! Me too. Got a fettled bike ready and waiting, new s/h winter boots to try out too.

peteimpreza

Road bike ready to roll

wrightyson
    Free Member

Careful Pete, those skinny tyres might be finding some icy spots this morning 😉

sefton
    Free Member

no i’m ill 😡

wife and child out all day too 😡

stumpyjon

Be leaving in the next ten minutes. Glorious here. Hopefully still quiet out on the trails.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

-3 outside right now, will be waiting till after lunch to see if the temp increases a tad. Just above zero will make a difference.

fenred
    Free Member

Yep, local loops here today, Essex is wearing a perfect blue sky, temp just above freezing…Perfick!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S bagsying the morning sun for her long run 🙁

Might go out later – think I’ll go and fettle instead…

dawson

maybe later with the kids.

Feeling sore at the moment from an ‘off’ last night – pedal strike/tree stump interface whilst out of the saddle cranking pretty hard – went OTB and ended up on the floor with the bike wrapped round my neck

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Am out this afternoon – after I have built and erected a medicine chest in the bathroom.

Drac

Going to try but failed yesterday when it was like this, have work tonight so be a spin from the door somewhere. As mentioned it might be busy out there so may see someone else on the trails this week and not just loads of wildlife.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i went out yesteday in the Surrey Hill – a real mudfest. So, im not going through that again.

stumpyjon

I’m back, excellent short ride, trails stayed frozen throughout, not too much ice, stuff just starting to thaw as I got back. Very sunny to the point of it being quite warm despite the air temperature. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood this morning and said hello as I passed.

thorpie
    Free Member

Just got back from the local trails, slippy as the frost thaws but beautiful in the sunshine!

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Clear blue skies and enough above freezing to be comfortable…wish I could be riding! Ah well, a walk by the canal instead I think…

bigbloke
    Free Member

I was out at 0800 this morning, had Chicksands woods to myself. Glorious sunshine and trails crunching under my tyres was great bit chilly at first but i soon warmed up. Great way to start a sunday.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just back, all four of us who were out really enjoyed. Couldn’t believe how dry it was, totally expected a mud fest too!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The medicine chest was a disaster – I gave up. The mrs is going out at 1:30pm and wont be back for hours. Ride time.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post?!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just back from a run. Heard and saw my first Sky Lark of the year, so spring’s definitely arrived! Still surprised to see the odd tiny patch of snow lingering 2 weeks on though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post again!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

There’d been a slight sprinkling of fresh snOw up on black rocks, but that wasn’t a surprise to be fair!

Cougar

I was just about to set out, suited and booted and everything, when I was suddenly afflicted with a dose of the squits. Bother.

Alpha1653

Just back after 2 hours in the local woods to find a chicken roasting in the oven with tatties and parsnips. Yum. 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Just having a pre-ride dump then off to do local trails including Hit the North 3 circuit. Glorious sunshine and 3 deg C. Love it.

stumpyjon

I was just about to set out, suited and booted and everything, when I was suddenly afflicted with a dose of the squits. Bother.

Could’ve been worse, could’ve happened just after you’d left 😆

scaled
    Free Member

Just back from a little trip from hayfield. Most of it was beautiful but there were still a few rivers of ice on some of the climbs that hadnt seen enough sun.

Train of 4 4×4’s was making a right mess of some of the climbs, was like trying to cycle through wet concrete.

martinhutch

Lovely ride out from Skipton – Flasby Fell, Bardon Moor, Bolton Abbey and back. Looking blimmin’ gorgeous out there. Would have been nicer without hideous brake rotor rub, but hey ho.

samuri
    Free Member

Lovely ride here. Nice and sunny but it was quite windy and still lots of ice about. Saw three accidents!

wildheart
    Free Member

Nice few hours up at Stainburn,trails really riding well there.Saw a few first-timers so the weather must be bringing ’em out 🙂

Cougar

Could’ve been worse, could’ve happened just after you’d left

Indeed. Whilst bears may do, Cougars do not.

iainc

frozen lovlieness at Mugdock – half a dozen of us out – cracking crispy trails and wall to wall blue sky, with temp around zero – as good as it gets 😆

Gribs

I had a nice ride round Gisburn other then the last section of board walk that was covered in ice, trying out a mates bike with much less grippy tyres than mine probably didn’t help here, or the fact that my chosen landing spot was a 2 foot deep bog. Other than that it was really nice and the busiest I’ve ever seen it.

Picto
    Free Member

Circuitous route from stafford over to castle ring and back this morning. Serious mud fest around Castle ring. Not so bad everwhere else. Never seen so many riders out before. Loads of dogs and walkers out, bit like a slalom around Milford.

There seems to be a downhill event on in the special events area too to add interest.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bloody excellent ride. Minimal mus, new tyre gripping well and totally spent when I rolled back in after 5 hours / 30 miles.

samuri
    Free Member

That sounds a bit slow for you bigyinn……

cinnamon_girl

The sun could have stayed out for all of my ride. 🙁

Not complaining mind, twas nice to be out and for a bit was amongst the helicopters, soldiers, army vehicles. Of course I was doing a cheeky trail, for all of 500 metres, so just flashed a smile. 8)

garage-dweller

Been out with toddler seat for half hour this pm to try the now rigid 456 out. Rode lovely even with a dry and rusty chain. He only got on the bike to show grandad how big he ws then didnt want to get out again! Cyclings in the blood!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Glorious winter sunshine!! Who's out for a spin??’ is closed to new replies.