Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Glorious weather in The Peaks!
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Great pics…..don’t recognise a single place?

Can’t wait to go back with some gears and actually enjoy it.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Yeah, great pics. You put some effort into it, with all the grid references etc. Just been having a good look, as you did some of the Peaks I’ve never done before, but will tomorrow – Rushups Edge, The Roych, Oaken Clough, and Jacobs ladder. All the other way around for us though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

All the other way around for us though.

was as BWD says, it works either way – but I think it’s a shame to miss the brilliant rocky descent from Rushup to Roych

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

You may well be right. I planned route, and there’ll be several Peaks virgins out.

I had certain criteria: That I wanted to finish with Cavedale(pub at the bottom), but avoiding the horrible road climb, do The Beast, and Mam Tor ridge/Hollins Cross descent. Have managed that(with the help of Crazy Legs).

Probably do it the other way round next time, I’m pleased with route, even though there are a few compromises(like road ride from Hollins Cross descent to Hope and Blackley Clough up not down)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You put some effort into it, with all the grid references etc

I wrote a script to pick up the position from the GPS track using the timestamp in each photo, so it’s all automatic 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

i’m off to the peak(s) tomorrow morning, first train out of sheff, well maybe not first but early to miss most people.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Glorious weather in The Peaks!’ is closed to new replies.