Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glorious Garburn! (pics) :P
  • grumm
    Free Member

Had a fantastic day in the Lakes today – started in Ings and went over to Troutbeck via Garburn Pass, then back over the other way. Lovely clear day with a nice breeze to keep you cool.

Tried flat pedals for the first time in ages, and first time on a full suss – really liked it. Found I was more confident on the techy dh stuff, which is not what I was expecting – used to find my feet came off quite a bit, but then that was on a hardtail. Climbing isn’t as easy, but its not a huge difference.

Got a nice gash on my leg from a rock that flew up off the front wheel – think my pads might be in order for stuff like that.

Oh and before anyone takes the piss – I was wearing a full face helmet cos I wrote off my xc helmet at Kielder Enduro and I’m waiting for a new one on the crash replacement thingy.

simondbarnes

Excellent. I was up that way over Easter and the weather was just as glorious then 🙂

erny
    Free Member

Looks rubbish

DeeJay
    Free Member

It’s a brilliant ride – was just as good in February

crazy-legs

Garburn is great at all times!
    Some lovely shots there grumm and sdb. 🙂

lowey

Lovely. We are doing Helvellyn on Sunday, but the Garburn is our back up route if the weather is crap.

grumm
    Free Member

Was good in January too

I know I am going against the prevailing opinion, but I maintain that the descent into Troutbeck is better than the other way round. It’s really fast but still technical, has stunning views, and is really long if you go right down to the road in Troutbeck (right at the first fork then left at the next one).

I also managed to ride at a guess about 75-80% of the climb from Kentmere, which is pretty good for me, and didn’t find it a slog at all.

Oh yeah, and erny – it is rubbish, wouldn’t recommend it at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glorious Garburn! (pics) :P’ is closed to new replies.