Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Global warming my @ss!!
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Can someone please explain whats going on with the weather? This seems to be the coldest wettest summer i can remember for a while. Apart from maybe summer 08, i think its about on par with that.

I thought it was supposed to be getting warmer.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Heretic!!!!

kimbers

been scorchio down here in that london

aP
    Free Member

Its been called climate change for about a decade now – unless you only watch fox news obviously.

Klunk
    Free Member

very dry here this year.

GrahamS

“Global” does not equal “UK”.

Some places are getting hotter, some cooler, some wetter – hence Climate Change being a more palatable and accurate term.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Weather and climate are not the same thing.

toys19
    Free Member

aP – Member
    Its been called climate change for about a decade now – unless you only watch fox news obviously.

This ^

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Newsflash to the OP.

Just because you are cold and wet at the moment does not mean the rest of the world is.

hughjardon
    Free Member

They started calling it climate change when they realised it wasn’t getting warmer and it would allow them to blame every weather/climate occurance on it.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Ok global warming climate change, tomato tomAto.. yoghurt yOghurt, whatever.

Helios
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

been scorchio down here in that london

Presumably all those burning buildings are doing their bit to keep things toasty for you…

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Newsflash to the OP.

Just because you are cold and wet at the moment does not mean the rest of the world is.

Yeah i heard there was a heat wave in the US this summer, but still. We seem to be getting a bad deal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they called it climate change to try and get it over to people that
    weather and climate are not the same thing
    It has not been entirely successful

davidjey
    Free Member

This seems to be the coldest wettest summer i can remember for a while.

Whereabouts? Been drizzly and grey all week in S Wales but hardly cold…plenty of hot weather before that.

Are you sure you’re not indulging in that classic British of complaining when it’s not a heatwave for the whole of August 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

isn’t auguust technically a monsoon month in the UK?

And wasn’t May/June fantastically warm and dry? Quit yer whinging!

5thElefant
    Free Member

On the plus side nobody gives a monkeys since the recession.

ransos
    Free Member

Given the abundance of freely-available information, anyone still conflating weather and climate must be trolling.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

And wasn’t May/June fantastically warm and dry? Quit yer whinging!

I’m usually the last person to conplain about the weather, i hate talking about it. But i think this summer is taking the p!ss really!

I though april and may were alright, the rest have been a bit meh.

I’m in Ireland. I think we act as a barrier for the UK in some ways, taking the sting out of the bad weather before it heads over to you.

GrahamS

They started calling it climate change when they realised it wasn’t getting warmer and it would allow them to blame every weather/climate occurance on it.

Nope. They called it Climate Change because muppets kept complaining it was cold and what ever happened to “global warming”.

Top fact: the vast majority of the world’s top scientists agree that “Climate Change” is very real and observable.

But I doubt very much that any of them would attempt to attribute “every weather/climate occurance” to it.

chugg08

Not quite, technically a monsoon is seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea (aint wikipedia great when you can’t remember the full term)

Anyway, the point I was going to make is that in the UK June is traditionally referred to as the “monsoon month” because of the return of the westerly winds carrying wet air from the Atlantic… its sad that I know that 🙄

I agree August has been pants.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s been beautiful in sheffield; it’s only rained about 5 times since april.

now that is weird…

bruneep

are we not still coming out of the ice age?

Coyote
    Free Member

Darker than Osbourne’s soul here in the northwest! Hoping for a spin late afternoon, probably need to take lights. In August FFS!

it’s been beautiful in sheffield, it’s only rained about 5 times since april…

Well nearby Dinnington must have it’s own microclimate cause it’s been pissing down the last few times I’ve been there.

Deveron53
    Free Member

A rant from a Mr David Mitchell illustrating the very point.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh76DVhj0-Y[/video]

joao3v16
    Free Member

Technically, it’s Man Made Climate Change you’re all talking about …

When the scienceists discovered ‘Global Warming’ was actually a massive lie, they panicked and had to some up with something quick to justify getting continued funding for their research.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

It’s been incredibly dry in Sheffield. Sheffo has so much water that runs off the moors year round and has incredibly heavy clay soil resulting in high water retention. But this year I’ve not know owt like it. I’ve had to water the allotment so much this year.

On a plus side nice dry trails !!! Though may be a little wet tonight with this recent downpour.

GrahamS

Technically, it’s Man Made Climate Change you’re all talking about …

Technically, no one mentioned the potential cause of Climate Change till your post.

Even if you disagree over the scale of anthropogenic contribution, Climate Change itself is still happening and is still an issue. (And yes, it is largely characterised by a warming of the Earth).

When the scienceists discovered ‘Global Warming’ was actually a massive lie, they panicked and had to some up with something quick to justify getting continued funding for their research.

So when exactly was this again?

Junkyard
    Free Member

did a journalist tell you that 😯
    iirc cancer docs did the same with fags and it is well known that scientists lie as they have no interest in knowledge or facts and are just simply after another research grant pay cheque. Now that is SCIENTIFIC FACT ..we need more critical minds like yours to help us understand stuff like this…could you go on?

chugg08

Isn’t Lady “Milk Snatcher” Thatcher reputed to be the mother of the modern climate change / global warming debate. Read a (biased) article that stated that she did it to improve both her credibility on the world stage and to help create a “new industry” following the failings of coal / steel etc. Apparently she could use her Chemistry background to add credence to the threat of CO2 to the climate.

Personally, I’m not worried what they call it, anything that helps improve the general environment (air, land and sea) is good news – bogus or not.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Now I am all for blaming Thatcher for everything but in this case even I think the case me be overstated. I commend you on a skilful and broad ranging troll that ticks many boxes. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

it’s been beautiful in sheffield; it’s only rained about 5 times since april.

April 02 till May 03; May 05 till May 20; May 24 till July 07; July 11 till July 28 and it started again on 02 August and hasn’t stopped….

😉

chugg08

🙂 anyone blamed Hitler yet?

GrahamS

Well those ovens at the concentration camps must have really…

…no, even I can’t go there. I think Thatcher will have to do.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I though april and may were alright, the rest have been a bit meh.

Alright!???!?
    The warmest April on record just warrants an ‘alright’?
    No wonder you’re a bit peeved by the rest of the Summer.

eth3er
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0[/video]

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Still too cold/grey for August though. I’ve only got approximately another 30 summers and I want, no I DEMAND, that they all be like 1975 or whenever it was that it was really hot.

Global Warming, I’d welcome it! (joke, calm down).

GrahamS

Arf!

Deveron53
    Free Member

It was 1976

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Global warming my @ss!!’ is closed to new replies.