Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Global Migrate (company)
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about them? Any experiences?

garage-dweller

If it is a cold approach through someone contacting you on linked in, facebook or similar start by making sure that they are registered for data protection act purposes in the UK (there’s an online search tool on the ICO website).

I have had a couple of approaches from seemingly legit operations who with a bit of research seemed more likely to be chancers trying to get hold of personal data etc. They tend to go quiet when you start asking questions about stuff like dpa registrations if they are not legit.

Also if they are a UK company check they are registered at companies house and they’re up to speed on accounts etc and the size of their business.

I gather there are a number of scams around overseas job offers.

I am not suggesting this particular company is not legit by the way just saying make sure you cover your back side before you give to much away.

mikey74
    Free Member

The thing is they reckon they can get me a job in Canada but are asking for £1200 (£300 up front). It sounds dodgy to me.

I instigated it as a friend sent me their link and I made an initial inquiry. It was only after that they brought up the small thing of it costing £1200.

One of their guys phoned me and became very pushy when I said I wasn’t prepared to hand them money at this stage.

I think I’ll walk away from this one.

garage-dweller

Depends a bit about where they are based and what the normal rules are I would guess.

Never been asked for a fee from a UK recruitment agent before as that comes from the employer when the agent places you. If it’s a Canadian company maybe rules are different but definitely av reason to be cautious!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Global Migrate (company)’ is closed to new replies.