Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glentrool or Kirroughtree for a play around with the kids
  • bearGrease

So we’re in Ayrshire on hols and not too far from either Glentrool or Kirroughtree. Was wondering if either would be a good place for a play around with the kids on their Isla Bikes? They’re 4 and 5 so no actual “trail” riding but I see that Kirroughtree has a taster area so maybe that will be good for a wee play?

Any advice from locals welcome!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

There is a pretty big good play park at Kirroughtree. Not sure if the cafe is open yet though. There are a few fire roads leading off from the car park so would be ok for a spin on the bikes then a scramble in the park.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Kirroughtree is great for kids but won’t you be totally gutted being at one of the UK’s best trail centres and not being able to ride??

Just for the record Glentrool has a really brilliant blue for kids, but obviously those aged 8/9 and upwards I would guess.

Trekster

Not familiar with Glentrool but Kirry has a good cafe and there is a good kids play area. There is a skills area but this is likely to be a bit tough for the wee ones but worth a play. There are forest roads surrounding the cafe/Breakpad shop and the last section of the red could be fun with some parental assistance.
    Crean`o Galloway for some fun after Kirry

gwaelod
    Free Member

Cream of Galloway actually has a small skills park for bikes…deffo worth taking the wee ones bikes there…it’s a good day for kids anyway……My eldest loved riding the taster loop at K’tree…she was 7 at the time though, so may be a bit on the tough side for 4/5 year old.

forgot to say…a ride from Gatehouse of Fleet through Cally Palace woods to the beach at Sandend? was quite good fun too…but again maybe a little far for very small ones

Trekster
    bearGrease

Thanks for the low down guys. Weather has not been ideal for biking today so did some windy and wet digging in the beach, some ice cream and some swimming (not in the sea).

Looks like Thursday will be the day to pump up those 12″ tires and hit the dirt…..

Trekster

enjoy 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Tomorrow is looking pretty good too – I am going to have a pootle around Mabie and maybe make another video 🙂

bearGrease

Headed down to Kirroughtree on Thursday and had a great day! A trip around the taster loop and then three laps of the skills loop for the little greasers. Boys showing great potential of course 😀

Rode round Cumbrae on the way home yesterday.

Thanks for the tips.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glentrool or Kirroughtree for a play around with the kids’ is closed to new replies.