Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • glentress with my girl
  • jedi

Still buzzing. On her first trail center ride ever we did the red , had lunch then the blue. I wasn’t sure if we’d be walking everything or not as she has only ridden hertfordshire singletrtack and only for less than a year. Awesome day with friends!

chojin
    Free Member

You should think about sending her on a skills course.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Have recently taken my 9 year old daughter out for a few runs round Woburn XC stuff. Trying hard not to force her to come as I don’t want to out her off, but it would be great if she got into it! Glad to hear you had a good day – feeling a bit jealous.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good stuff. Glentress is such a great facility in that folk of hugely varying skills level can have great fun on it. I say a kid around 5 loving berm baby berm ( even if his dad had to push him back to the top)

ampthill

Glad you had fun. We did 3 of the seven Staines last Summer. All good fun.

Cheekily here is a video of niece, daughter and son at Dalbeattie

walking, one fall, and some resonable technique at 3:46…

I think my daughter be will off the bike for a few years as she has lost interest/ is looking for independence/ not wanting to compete with her brother

Luckily son and niece still cycle and climb with me

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIkWAv_f870&list=UUFYYzUgcN8gEi32Ek3Dxzew&index=6&feature=plcp[/video]

jedi

I’m still buzzing. She crashed before caddon bank so got spooked and walked down a few bits. The guys who barged past were kin ****.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Awesome to hear how much she enjoyed it, cant wait to get my kids riding too. What did she enjoy most?

jedi

She absolutely loved gt blue. She rode loads of inners but got spooked when she crashed on plora craig. The blue at gt was her fave ride ever she said. :5

flippinheckler
    Free Member

GT Blue is great fast flowing tail with a few dropoffs with opt outs, really enjoyable, good to gain confidence and try a few drops. 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Always do a loop or two of Berm Baby Berm when doing the red. It rocks up there.

alfabus
    Free Member

Hey Jedi, saw you a few times up there, but didn’t get a chance to come and say hello.

I was on my very very orange covert, so you might have spotted me as it blinded you 🙂

Brilliant weekend up in sunny scotlandshire – now back at work in drizzly cheltenham 🙁

Dave

jedi

i saw a couple of orange coverts 🙂

jedi
    funkrodent

Maybe its just me, but surely the words orange and covert are mutually exclusive of each other 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

i saw a couple of orange coverts

I didn’t see any others… it might have been that you saw me lots of times 😉 can’t be that many people out there with bad enough taste to have orange bars, orange pedals and orange chainring bolts on an orange frame :mrgreen:

Dave

MarkN
    Free Member

Did you get Tango’d??

jedi

pmsl 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

Absolutely love Glentress, went there for the first time five years ago for our honeymoon, and we’ve been back every year since for our anniversary (next month, can’t wait! :D).

The blue’s fantastic – I love the red too, but there was that one year when I fell off the side of Pennel’s Vennel…

I should probably do a skills course! 😛

Rickos
    Free Member

So, what happened to the blokes that barged past? 😉

chriswilk
    Free Member

should have been doing the GT7 on Saturday, we went UP pennels vennel! Now that was interesting.

frogstomp

Try a search of the forum.. knowing this place they’ve probably started a thread bemoaning the inconvenience of meeting slower riders on public trails.. 😉

jedi

Lol@frogstomp

RustyMac

Looka a cool Pic Jedi, typically scottish sky in the back ground and sunshine and smiles in the fore ground.

Hope to get down to glentress with my girlfriend later in the year, hopefully she will end up having as much fun as your daughter.

jedi

rusty mac, she loved it. we’re planning more day trips. even her crash hasn’t dented her smile.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

glad she liked it jedi .it will surely give her the confidence for future rides.

a group of us did inners at the weekend & was seriously impressed at the condition of the trails .

we camped just next to glentress & played around a bit but for the lure of riding inners a 2nd day was too much to contain so we gave glentress a miss this time.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Awesome stuff…I reckon I need to find a lady who mountainbikes…(or infact any lady for that matter…) Was up at GT at the weekend as well, love it.

Maybe in future you could pay for your scottish excursions by arranging a few skill courses whilst up here 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

The blue at gt was her fave ride ever she said.

Same here, we were up at Glentress this weekend too.

My other half fell completely in Love with the lower blue loop
    (up from the Peel Cafe to Buzzards nest, then up to top of berm baby berm, carry on past to next blue section, then fly down there to Berm baby berm, through the car park and all the way to the bottom again.)

She loved it, and we stayed till about 8.30pm doing it over and over on Sunday.

Brilliant weekend.

Tracey

Glad you enjoyed it, we were up there from Monday to yesterday with the girls. had a great time

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘glentress with my girl’ is closed to new replies.