Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glentress wallride shut
  • stucol
    Free Member

Planning a trip to GT this weekend and some of the younger members of our group want to do the new wallride.

Just checked the 7 Stanes website and the wallride is shut.

It was updated today and does not give a reason.

Too many people falling over the top ?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

try on http://www.uk-mtb.com, theres a few GT regulars on there.

And you wouldn’t get me on that wall ride thingy 😯

simonside
    Free Member

Was at GT over the weekend,(not riding, doing "other stuff") I heard lots of comments about ice on fire roads and trails, MAYBE it was a safety issue just incase the Ambulance was needed, it wouldn`t get up the road?

GW
    Free Member

Ice on the fireroad up was indeed mental this weekend, I could hardly stand on parts of it, the road was closed and there was a worry about how anyone could be rescued if an accident happened. we rode mainly natural trails rather than the manmade stuff and on the climbs pushed up a lot more than rode. anything above the buzzards (freeride) car park was a skating rink

Wallride being closed is probably more to do with ice on the trail rather than people going over the top. a couple of weeks ago we were at it and it was total carnage, not so much from people "getting off" on the wall ride as from decking it trying to pedal on the berms – I hit the deck on the run in to the step-up next to the second wallride from my wheels simply slipping out on the iced over camber.

if it’s icy, go to inners and ride the proper DH tracks (not make or brake/caddonbank etc.), they’re always ridable no matter how cold, icy, snowwy, wet it is.

;o)

druidh
    Free Member

Weird – we were at Laggan yesterday and while the car park was completely frozen over (we suggested curling), it was all rideable once up at trail level. Shame so may folk went away once they’d seen the car park.

Big ups to Lindsay in the shop who made coffee for us on account of the cafe being closed.

rickmeister

if it’s icy, go to inners and ride the proper DH tracks (not make or brake/caddonbank etc.), they’re always ridable no matter how cold, icy, snowwy, wet it is….

Not actually so, though often better Inners was iced in and unridable where our friends at GT had a reasonable day, You pay your money etc etc etc…

mark_b
    Free Member

The wall ride’s not necessarily just for young ‘uns (although my lad wants a go now he’s seen dads photo). Was cold when this was taken but fortunately not too icy…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glentress wallride shut’ is closed to new replies.