Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GLENTRESS VS AFAN
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

I am off this weekend with my son for a bit of singletrack and I'm tossing up between Glentress and Afan, I've been to Glentress / Innerleithen a couple of times and its great, but Afan is sooooo much closer, but don't want to be disappointed.

Any thoughts on this guys ??

shortcut

I prefer Glentress and Inners. Much more exciting.

Afan is a lot closer for me though.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Obviously depends on how much you ride the stuff. Mate lives near Bristol and we ride Wales C-y-B Afan Cli-machx etc and i love 'em think they have so much to offer better than GT red (certainly)possibly black too. But then i ride GT/inners in a weekly basis.
    His thoughts are the other way round just because he's used to the Welsh ones.

But then with your son depending on age, ie under 16 he'd probably have better fun at GT Afan may be a push or much slower.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Good advice there, the one slowing us down…..will be me 🙁

GT I agree is great and a good blend of tough and twisty and doable. He is 14, good bike handler, but its me that falls off all the time…..broken shoulder and hand last time we went to GT…..now that was a tough drive home !

nickjb
    Free Member

Afan is great. Lots of good riding for a weekend, nice flowing singletrack. How much closer is it? Its only an hour and a bit from me rather then a days driving to and from GT so an easy choice.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Difficult call I would say. I do rather like GT and there's plenty to amuse yourself with if you spend some time in the play park. Having said that Afan is still good fun having done Whites last week and realising that the climb is a tad more effort than I remember. Do like the new Energy section though as that is waaaaay better than just hooning down the hill on the road.

If they were equidistant I would go GT. If you just want to have a good ride and limit the travel then go Afan.

roadiesean
    Free Member

3 hours to Afan, over 6 to GT

luked2
    Free Member

Drop-off cafe at Afan/Glencorrwywwyg is a lot better than the one at GT.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

No question – GT is sooo much better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GLENTRESS VS AFAN’ is closed to new replies.