Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • glentress virgin
  • hainman
    Free Member

im heading down to glentress tomorrow for my 1st session.im rather looking forward to it as ive only been upto carron valley a few times.am i in for fun or is it going to stretch my abilities(or lack of).ive heard and read great things about it so hopefully i’ll have a blast!!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There is something at Glentress for everyone. You’ll love it.

bellerophon
    Free Member

You’ll have fun, mainly coz being on a bike is fun where ever you are… 😆

dazzlingboy

You’ll love it. Won’t be too busy midweek so no queue in the cafe! You’ll find the blue no harder than Carron (imo) although it is a fair bit longer. The red is a bit more technical but nothing on it that will freak you out.

hainman
    Free Member

sounds good guys cheers,im like a wee kid waiting for santa haha.been dying to go for ages so looking forward to it,

medievalkneival
    Free Member

As the others say. The blue is quite good actually, the bottom half is very fast and is loads of fun.

Still think the red is the best of it’s kind that i’ve ridden in the UK. Everytime i take mates up for their first visit, they’re blown away by it.

And it’s always worth an hour (or 5) on the freeride area. It’s a hoot!

davy-g
    Free Member

you will love it… get off and look at or walk around the techie bits that you are unsure about…

simonralli2
    Free Member

How you get on will partially be based on your fitness. Even I can ride the black (ok – most of it), which is more about distance than anything really technical. There is a brilliant way of doing 2/3 ish of the black, which includes the monster descent Deliverance, then you can track back onto the red and finish on the blue. However, there are lots of other combinations too based on what you are after. You will have a brilliant time, especially mid week and if this amazing weather holds out for you. Have fun.

coogan
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Plenty of choice for different abilities. You are taking a downhill bike, pressure suit, full facer and multiple pad’s though I take it?

hainman
    Free Member

well what a day at glentress made even more amazing by the big yellow ball in the sky coming out to play.the place is awesome.bottled out of the big drop off(well the wee one but was still big)but all in all a famtastic day was had.apart from the top part of spooky woods being closed(was told thats the best bit aswell).ah well just need to go back again!!!

coogan
    Free Member

Spooky Wood the best bit? You have been misinformed. Good to hear you enjoyed it. Go try Innerleithen too.

JohnnyPanic

Going up weekend after next – anyone know how long is Spooky closed for?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

dont get your hopes too high i was dissapointed after all the hype.
    innerleithen it so much better imo

chrisdb
    Free Member

spooky is a bmx track

hainman
    Free Member

the whole thing isnt closed its just the last bit at the top where the jumps are i think.its closed till end of october start of november.
    never been so i wouldnt know if the bit that is closed was good or bad.only going by what my mate said.
    i still enjoyed it even without the jumps at spooky woods.
    its a stunning veiw when you get to the top.i would love to try them all but gona have to byde my time as can only go when i coax someone into watching the kids.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

What are you expecting? What sort of riding do you want / enjoy?

JohnnyPanic

Cheers!

hainman
    Free Member

i enjoyed the whole experience,wasnt dissapointed.unfortunatley ppl will have their own opinions but i thought it was a great day out,looking forward to seeing the rest of the stanes but for now i’ll have to make do with carron valley in-between.
    no probs johnny hope you enjoy ur day!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘glentress virgin’ is closed to new replies.