Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glentress trail conditions
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Hi, planning to do glentress tmoz but just had a look at the website and virtually all of the descent appears to be closed barring spooky wood! Anyone been up in the last few days? Is it still worth the drive or do we divert?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Depends on how competent a rider you are. The red is basically shut for forestry ops but you can get to all the awesome ews stuff if you like it steep. Blue is all open and fun if you just want some easy excercise. Oh and take a change of clothing its bloody muddy!

br
    Free Member

Depends on how far you are driving from, ie what are you going past?

Newcastleton if coming from the south.

Inners if coming from any direction.

But tbh you could do loads of combo’s plus off-piste.

imnotverygood

If you haven’t done the Blue before then it is worth doing & you can include Spooky in the loop. Plus off-piste of course

spudly1979
    Free Member

We’re heading up from Newcastle upon Tyne.

I think we’re binning glentress and doing Innerleithen instead. Knee pads at the ready! Cheers for the advice guys!

alpineharry
    Free Member

Head up the golfie instead if you’re going to innerleithen, the red isn’t worth doing at inners unless you divert and do the SES stuff

paulkm
    Free Member

There is still a good chunk of the red open – Super G & Hit Squad are still open. You can climb the road from the bottom of Hit Squad & do the blue (or just do the blue return). Chuck in Zoom or Boundary Trail if you need more miles.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I was there on Saturday. Traveled a couple of hours to get there and the place was dead compared to usual. I guess that was because most of the trails are closed.

We did 2 red runs. Some of the diversions were quite good fun if you like teetering on the edge of disaster through slippy. I’ve not really enjoyed the red the last few times so I’d have preferred to do the black but I think there are a lot of diversions there too.

What was good was that it was incredibly windy and we were never really affected on the red run. The same wouldn’t have been true if we’d gone on the black or to Innerleithen so it still made for a good all weather option.

tom.nash

Check out the FB page and website of the Tweed Valley Bike Patrol – they are regularly putting up train conditions/closures etc.

http://tweedvalleybikepatrol.org/

BoardinBob

Was there yesterday. I did

Climbed all the way to Spooky then

Spooky Wood
    Super G
    Brown Trout

Headed off to do No More Ewok etc, but hit the trail closures.

At the diversion there, I wouldn’t take the signposted trail to the left off the fire road climb. It’s just a couple of grassy straights that drop you back down at the pond. Keep on climbing up the fireroad instead and it brings you out at the bottom of Super G. You could then do the blue back to the buzzards or lots of other alternatives. I climbed back up the Spooky climb and did Ho Chi Minh, which is in a bit of a mess to be honest, then Betty Blue and the final black descent.

Plenty of stuff to play on if you switch between blue/red/black/ off piste

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glentress trail conditions’ is closed to new replies.