Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Glentress today…………….
  • bruneep

……was so cold and wet.

Black route at the mast.

……and to the girl who’s dog was all over the trails on the red, Yes we do have brakes but that is no excuse for your dog to run out in front of us. keep it under control or keep it off the BIKE trail.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jesus, we were there 2 weeks ago and it was lovely but we’d told it’d got a bit worse since we visited!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Jesus, we were there 2 weeks ago and it was lovely but we’d told it’d got a bit worse since we visited!

Nevermind 2 weeks ago- we were there last night and it was dry and snow free!

Rain (or snow it seems!) started 10.30ish as we left..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

Rain (or snow it seems!) started 10.30ish as we left..

<edit> You never said pm.<edit> 😉

It was snowing overnight there, when we woke at the B&B 1/2 mile from Glentress there was already a covering of snow.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Hence last night 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I decided to see what effect rolling a tyre off a rim at full tilt on a berm would have on my body. I wouldnt recommend it. Cracked rib, and covered in cuts and bruises.

tandemwarriors

twas indeed very soggy today!
    7 of us squelched round the red then cold wet feet confined us to The Hub! We took the tandem but Sandy forgot the MOST important bit of kit………..sports bra!

rOcKeTdOg

when we woke at the B&B 1/2 mile from Glentress

craiguart?

bruneep

craiguart?

I have no idea, booked by another member of the group.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

We were there this morning as well – it was grim. Props for doing the black bruneep! Innerleithen was excellent yesterday though, great weather. We nearly ran over a dog on the lower section of Caddon Bank come to think of it – perhaps it was the same one 😆

bruneep

Was at Innerleithen yesterday as well doing the uplift, well part of the uplift seeing as the bus broke down, we had to walk up for 2 runs until a replacement arrived. 😥

Were you doing the uplift?

Northwind

It was lovely on saturday :mrgreen: Later we were up on minch moor at about 8pm, clear and cold and still as I’ve ever known it. Perfect really.

dan1980
    Free Member

Minch moor was lovely today 😀

Had a brilliant weekend up at Glentress Saturday, and Innerleithen was “fun” in the snow today.

Northwind

Now how glad am I that didn’t arrive when we were halfway up the climb in shorts and tshirts 😯

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Were you doing the uplift?

Nope – did the Minch Moor climb then headed over toward Selkirk and did some of the Selkirk Enduro trails before heading back. Pretty big day out, we were done in by the end, hence a short trip round the red at GT today. We met a few grumpy downhillers at the top of the Minch Moor who told us the uplift bus had broken down!

scaredypants

dan1980 – have you got a big version of that 1st shot ?

I need a new screensaver

dan1980
    Free Member

Here’s the link to the original….

It’s off a camera phone, so it’s not the greatest quality
    Picture

stooo
    Free Member

Wow – looks like it was pretty white up top.

I was sat in a cozy lounge at the bottom of the hill in Inners, with a stinking cold, looking out the window thinking… Hmmm, glad I went out on the bike yesterday… and glad I’ve just built up a winter bike (hub geared 29er).

Looks like Strathpuffer training starts here.

druidh
    Free Member

s_f – were you with two others at the 3 Brethren around 13:00 or so??

Stu_N

We canned Peebles Ridge in favour of long lie, Sunday papers, shops and couple of hours on the road in the afternoonon the strength of a Steve Peat tweet.

Sounds like a good call.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Druidh – that time would tie in as we left Innerleithen just after 11am I think. There was a friendly dog there when we were there – we stopped for some grub. There were a couple of other people at the top as well. Hi if it was you!

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – we were just heading down from the cairn when three cyclists came up towards it. Two ahead, one lagging behind. Mrs Druidhs comments was “they make it look sooo easy”.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Was up Inners yesterday. Was fun coming off the top. God knows how anyone found the original trail before we got there. But glad they did. Great fun and you also got to see Peaty in the flesh doing the uplift.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Glentress today…………….’ is closed to new replies.