Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Glentress ‘Spring’ weather
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

I’m going up to Scotland with work during last week of March – thought about taking the bike and having a detour to Glentress. Just wondered what to expect weather & trail conditions-wise in late March? Don’t mind a bit of rain/mud, but not a big fan of snow & ice (have been caught out before by Scottish ‘Spring Weather’).

Are there any Glentress regulars/locals who can advise please?

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Should be okay but you could get still get cold weather at that time.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Be prepared for all weathers. Might be icy, might be dusty. I suspect soggy is the most likely.

Stu

I have a badge for you:

😆 In all seriousness wanting to know what the weather will be like for an uphill area in Scotland in a months time is a bit much! Check here before you go up or ring the hub and ask(01721 721 736).

kevonakona
    Free Member

Well i’ve ridden at GT in T-shirt in March and Had snow on my b’day in March. Pretty much gonna get some weather.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Damn premature posting.

Yeah don’t know can be anything really snow not highly likely but….. frost possible, rain probable, sunshine yeah.

You’ll be havng too much fun to care.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Glentress, April 06 last year

guitarhero
    Free Member

Innerleithen, the day before

glenh
    Free Member

not a big fan of snow & ice

Girlie

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Girlie

Yup, but too old & experienced to give a monkeys!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

p.s. liking the ‘moon on a stick’ badge & Innerleithen photos – made me smile anyway 🙂

WTF
    Free Member

Aye snow sunshine and ice on G/T last easter.
    They forgot to put the undersoil heating on that day the barstads.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its the UK – no climate just weather. As the others say – I have had snow and t shirrt weather in march – sometimes on the same day

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s gonna be worth a go. I’m guessing the trails will be in reasonably good nick whatever the weather
    (unlike my lovely local natural trails – er..pass the snorkel!)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Unless they have had a fair bit of snow which gets ridden on and then turns to ice. Its not worth bothering with if its like that, better going natural and where theres less traffic.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Unless they have had a fair bit of snow which gets ridden on and then turns to ice. Its not worth bothering with if its like that, better going natural and where theres less traffic.

OK, ta for the info. My next question (duh..sorry!) Are there some good natural trail options locally? (oh, hang on a minute, it’s Scotland – am I right thinking that, with a bit of common sense, we can ride on any type of path?)

ivnickkate
    Free Member

You can go wherever you want, but last time we went through Cademuir farm, we ended up helping the farmer deliver a calf, so a wave and leaving gates the way you found them is a good start.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Glentress ‘Spring’ weather’ is closed to new replies.