Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Glentress Seven anyone?
  • tang
    Free Member

Darn, really wanted to make it up this year! My mate Scot was in the winning pair.

bigjim

That was great! Had a crash at the bottom of that chute at the left turn but apart from that was lapping it up. Great fun tearing through the dust in the sun

Northwind

How is it that all day I hardly saw anyone I know, and when I did, it was when I was lost, riding a lap I’d already done about 4 times? You better not tell anyone Bigjim!

bigjim

If it’s any consolation another friend missed the right turn off the first bit of the climb under go ape and went on up the hill before realising something was wrong

rickon
    Free Member

Was a great day out. I thought riding a 32lb Enduro bike would be a laugh. I immediately regretted that choice on the climbs 😉

We had the driest and hottest day ive seen at GT this year, the marshalling was some of the most well thought out at an event ive experienced, burgers were great and the Hervelo guys were plain awesome cheering everyone on.

Roll on EWS.

murf
    Free Member

What a brilliant laugh, great trails made even better with the dry dustiness!
    My teammate was 2 mins over the 5:30 cutoff so we clocked 7 laps all in.
    Hardest thing I’ve ever done on a bike, not much of a racer!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Well we survived it,we only managed 6 laps as my partner in the doubles had a unplanned tree hugging incident on her first lap down the chute after the cake stop..
    I’m glad it was dry as those off camber tree roots were dodgy enough without being wet!
    Thanks to the Tweedlove people for putting on a excellent event & the weather gods for giving us sunshine all day!

bigjim

Still finding bits of cake I thought it would be a good idea to put in my pockets from the cake stall at the top! It was so tasty though…

mr_stru

Despite feeling awful for the first three laps that was still great, mostly because no matter how awful you feel on the way up the descents are lots of fun. And glorious weather.

As with last year thought the level of encouragement from the marshals all day was great.

Kit
    Free Member
    rickon
    Free Member

There was no need for this though:

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

What’s the name for the style of race exemplified by GT7?.. and what other events are there in the same vein?

I’m reassured by not having disgraced myself in the results, and interested in doing more.

chored
    Free Member

What’s the name for the style of race exemplified by GT7?.. and what other events are there in the same vein?

I’ve seen it referred to as a lapped Enduro a few times (although this of course is confusing). I guess it’s an Endurance XC race.

Others that I know of are the Strathpuffer (24h) and 10 Under the Ben (10h).

rickon
    Free Member

Endurance Racing is what GT7 is, albeit the shortest of them.

You’re looking at 10 under ben, twentyfour12, Bristol bikefest, Sleepless in the saddle, Mountain Mayhem, Erlestoke12, Relentless24….

Northwind

I reckon 10 at kirroughtree would be a good call now it’s back- didn’t actually do it but it had a similiar rep for atmosphere and quality of riding.

This might be unfair as it’s a long time since I did it and it could have changed for the better, but I really didn’t enjoy 10UTB. Much less enjoyable course was the biggie but also it felt overcrowded, 50% more people and it felt like too many especially in the first lap which was just awful. Put me right off these things. It may well be a good race but for me it was a bad event.

jordie
    Free Member

That bloke on a E’bike was taking the piss a little razzing full speed up the climbs. Not even sure if he was in the race as there was no number board. Great event maybe I am the only one who thinks its a pretty tough course straight up then straight back down, first time this year the weather has turned up too

richmtb

What a cracking event.

Doing that climb repeatedly was bloody hard work.

Top marks to the kids who were cheering at the dual slalom bit near the end. The were standing next to the small jump sying “Jump it, Jump IT!” to everyone who passed. They even cheered when I got 4 inches of air underneath my wheels!

radoggair
    Free Member

didn’t really go to plan at all for me. Tiredness, injury and lack of motivation caused me to sack it after 3 hours. Week off the bike for me to rest. There’s always next year 🙁

Clover

Went better than expected. I came second. Still slightly stunned. Although I did do the last couple of laps with my arse hanging out of my shorts. Didn’t realise until I passed someone who exclaimed ‘ooh, bottom’. And later a gentleman offered me his over shorts. I think it was just a tactic to stop me passing him on the climb

bigjim

Although I did do the last couple of laps with my arse hanging out of my shorts

I think I saw your bottom 🙂

Rockplough
    Free Member

Anyone spotted any other photos?

chored
    Free Member

Anyone spotted any other photos?

http://peterjsmith.smugmug.com/Biking/Glentress-7/

Rockplough
    Free Member

Rats. Nearly 1800 photos and none of me.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Seven anyone?’ is closed to new replies.