Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Glentress ride?
  • lochlassie
    Free Member

Hi – is there anyone out there who lives in the Callander region and fancies a trip to Glentress this weekend or next?
    I'm staying up near Balquhidder for a few weeks before heading home to Bath, and don't want to leave Scotland without visiting Glentress but having trouble motivating myself to do the 170 mile round trip now it's rainy and dark by 5 o clock!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I'll be travelling up from the home counties for work.
    I'll be rattling around the red & black routes on monday the 9th 🙂
    Oh & I'm staying at a bunkhouse nearby so you are welcome to use the facilities before you head off (the ones at glentress were a little basic last time i was oop north.)

email in profile.

Xan
    Free Member

There are a few of us heading from Hamilton on Friday 13th for a night run if you want to meet us? Load of guys from Lanarkshire MTB club.

See our ride forum for details. http://www.lanarkshiremtbclub.co.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=56&func=showcat&catid=6

No membership or payment required. Just come and join in and have a laugh.

lochlassie
    Free Member

cheers guys for the invites, but I'm not that great a rider so think I'd prefer to take it steady round the red route in full daylight for a first visit! Nothing against blokes but some female company would be good too… any girl mtbers out there?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I wish you'd said earlier. I've no desire to ride with a sexual fascist!

lochlassie
    Free Member

Me neither! (you were asking for that, grotcrocket – I've seen your profile!)

househusband

LOL – brilliant comeback, lochlassie! 😆

Plenty of decent riding in Callander, Aberfoyle (Trossachs area in general) if you don't find anyone to hook up with.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Hello, I'm a girl -I'll probably be going to Glentress either this Sat or Sun. Might be just me, but might have a friend along, if you would like to join up? I'll be doing the red route and then maybe a bit of the blue and some jumps in the freeride park.

Afraid I'm not in the Callander area – I'd be making my own way from Dundee (didn't realise it's like a 160mile round trip!!)

lochlassie
    Free Member

Cheers househusband – are you local to Callander?

That sounds great kat, thx for the invite. Can do either day, preferably the least rainiest!

househusband

…are you local to Callander?

No, but it's only an hour away. I'm fond of the area and have done some nice rides in the area over the years. (Aberfoyle in particular… for the deli on the corner!)

BillyBull
    Free Member

Sunday's weather forecast looks good by the way

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

sunday would be fine for me – email jan[dot]and[dot]mikael[at]gmail[dot]com if you fancy working out some details 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

If you can make Glentress next weekend I might be able to convince a couple to give me a lift and we could meet you there. We have a pretty relaxed take on riding at Glentress 🙂

Shame I don't have my car anymore – like HH says, there's some really nice riding up where you are.

lochlassie
    Free Member

Hi Kit, I'm going to Glentress this sunday but cheers for the invite.

Would be up for doing a local ride – Aberfoyle area maybe – next weekend if anyone can make it? (I'm actually at Balquhidder)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Glentress ride?’ is closed to new replies.