Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Glentress / Peebles – any places that serve decent food?
  • SandyThePig
    Free Member

Following the closure of the Hub years ago, I’ve sort of reluctantly put up with the Glentress Peel cafe. It was admittedly alright in the beginning but it’s gone downhill recently. Was in today – no all day breakfasts on the menu, and the food we received was poor quality (IMO) and was quite expensive.

So, we’ve collectively decided from now on to avoid it like the plague. Any recommendations for good biker friendly places to eat around there or in Peebles? Any motor grills nearby? I’m coming from Edinburgh direction.

Cheers,

br
    Free Member

Park at Bontys (the hotel by the entrance to GT) for free, but do go in as it’s decent food/drinks at reasonable prices.

pigyn
    Free Member

Ride inners instead and eat at No1, the official enduro cafe

sargey

Another vote for bontys,excellent steaks.

legend
    Free Member

pigyn – Member
    Ride inners instead and eat at No1, the official enduro cafe

or head to the Cardrona Cafe so you’ve got a chance of getting a seat

P.S. The Peel is now worse? It’s considerably better than when the last lot ran it imo

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The various enduro cliques that pedal around the valley all hang out at No1. It doesn’t mean it’s best, just that it’s the best spot to be seen as it’s right at the crossroads in Inners. Personally I like to get my food within half an hour and have a coffee that lasts more than three swigs so I prefer elsewhere.

I like the pub grub in Peebles, the big ol’ pub at the roundabout that sells the Innes and Gunn did me a supertaculous burger.

BoardinBob

Peel queue was unreal today

Popped round to bonys and it was quiet. Lovely cake and coffee

BoardinBob

I like the pub grub in Peebles, the big ol’ pub at the roundabout that sells the Innes and Gunn did me a supertaculous burger

Closed down I think or at least was the last time I tried to get in

novaswift
    Free Member

Depends on what your looking for. The steaks at Bonys are good. The food at the Crown hotel on peebles high st is excellent. If you fancy Indian then Saffron in innerleithen is great. Currently the no1 cafe in innerleithen is closed for January

rascal
    Free Member

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186508-d10798851-Reviews-Panna_Indian_Bangladeshi_restaurant-Peebles_Scottish_Borders_Scotland.html

We went here in August – our first trip to Peebles – Panna had been open a few weeks at the time. Went on Thurs night, then again Sat as it was that good.

Diane
    Free Member

Nashy’s at Cardrona.

Has Bony learned how not to burn coffee then?

onehundredthidiot

The cafe in Walkerburn good cakes good coffee good place to sit and chat.

Mind you lacks the look at me and tiny coffees of no.1

(good luck to all who cater for people, it must be tough with folk being so picky.) that said the peel cafe is not doing itself any favours.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Jim Jacks chippy FTW.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Breakfast – Eggs benedict and unlimited filter coffee for 4 quid odds in ‘spoons is unbeatable

Lunch – Hot lasagne pie from Forsythe’s butcher on peebles high st, coffee and cake from baker next door.

Dinner – Crown inn, as above.

LMT
    Free Member

Bony’s always looked closed whenever I’ve been in pebbles which was disappointing as we tend to stay on the outskirts and its a bit of a walk into town.

The Crown tends to be our go to place, food is cheap mon-fri pretty much buy one get one free, plus I can get a pint of Hop House which is my current favourite drink!

The Prince of India is good for a curry as well, always seems quiet early on up to 8ish but its quite busy as a takeaway.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Cheers all – some good ideas there!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Glentress / Peebles – any places that serve decent food?’ is closed to new replies.