Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glentress or Ae/Drumlanrig Tomorrow – Anyone Know Conditions
  • moonsaballoon

I have a day off tomorrow and thought a trail center would be a good option with the recent weather . Does anyone know if there was much snow down Dumfries way or would i be better of just heading to glentress . 7stanes website has not been updated since friday , any info much appreciated

legolam
    Free Member

I know it’s not one of the trail centres you mention, but Mabie was completely clear of snow and almost dry on Sunday. Very small diversion due to tree felling on the final singletrack climb on the red.

moonsaballoon

Mabie is the wrong side of dumfries for me so i always wonder about ride time verses time in car but dry trails sounds very tempting ! i could just go round twice

Northwind

I hear Drumlanrig’s quite affected by treefall/forestry work at the moment so probably worth checking in with Rik first…

travellinjones
    Free Member

I can’t help you but have the same question in mind for Sunday so will watch with interest. Good to hear Mabie is OK – for now….

br
    Free Member

Glentress will be wet, based on how warm it is and the amount of rain we’ve had.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

My experience @ GT from Sunday:

It was fine til the jump park, from then on it was basically hard packed snow / ice.

The top of Spooky Woods was a bit sketchy, but rideable.

By the second run, thanks to the sun it had become slushy so was a bit better.

Thoroughly good day had by both of us  8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glentress or Ae/Drumlanrig Tomorrow – Anyone Know Conditions’ is closed to new replies.