Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glentress On a Big Bike
  • ragger
    Free Member

Im off up Glentress tomorrow ( as i fancy a change from inners) and I’ll be taking My Spesh Demo with me. Does anyone have any good ideas for a “push up, shred down” route? I was thinking along the lines of push up past the black route sign post past the freeride park and up the fireroad to spooky woods, then do a few laps of spooky woods ( pushing back up the fireroad to the right of the exit of the trail, then the freeride park then laps of falla brae/good game…
    Thoughts?

Northwind

Anderson Road (the gravel road past the quarry) is closed I think for forestry so it’ll need to be up the red climb.

ian martin
    Free Member

I’ve always fancied taking a big downhill bike down deliverance but the redemption climb would hurt too much.

ragger
    Free Member

Ah, ok if you look at the map (http://www.tontinehotel.com/sites/default/files/201304/mapof7stanesglentress.pdf)
    It looks like anderson road is the one that goes up next to the quarry, could this closure be avoided if went up the black until the fire road crossing then up to spooky?

legend
    Free Member

Riding a DH bike at Glentress is utter, utter, shite. Every DH suddenly needs a massive amount of effort with no reward as its all so smoothed out without enough gradient, Spooky Woods was probably the worst bit. The jumps are no good either for similar reasons (there’s a reason dirt jumpers ride BMXs or hardtails).I did it once years ago to see what others were getting out of it, will never take a DH bike there again.

Do you have another bike?

ragger
    Free Member

Cheers lads.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Medium or large Demo, what length chain stays do you have?

Northwind

ragger – Member

It looks like anderson road is the one that goes up next to the quarry, could this closure be avoided if went up the black until the fire road crossing then up to spooky?

I don’t know for sure but I doubt it- ho chi minh is shut too so I reckon that whole hillside will be closed up (and also possibly will have engines of death knocking trees over)

Kind of inclined to agree with Legend tbh, I’m going to take my big bike round the red some time but only “because it’s there”, same reason I did it on my cross bike… I don’t expect it to be a shining experience 😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

Fancies a change from Inners and goes to Glentress. NOOB ERROR.

Go into Caberston and explore – you’ll be well pleased if you put the effort in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glentress On a Big Bike’ is closed to new replies.