• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Glentress next week…
  • LMT
    Free Member

It’s that dilemma which bike to take, both bikes just as much fun,

A) Fuse, 100mm travel, 3″ tyres good for laughing around and just biking. Never been anywhere other than Cannock on it.

B) Camber, 125/120 full sus, I use this pretty much everywhere, my go to bike for Wales, and scotlabd normally.

I’m considering the fuse as my OH is hopefully biking so no dashing round to get back on a dead line and I can pootle around at her pace.

So which would you take?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Camber. Then go ride some of the offpiste fun stuff instead

poah
    Free Member

Glentress can be done on a cx bike so what ever bike you like riding the most

geoffj

I’ll be riding my fuse there tomorrow 😀

fifeandy
    Free Member

Whilst it can be done on a CX bike, i tend to find a FS more fun (but not any faster) than hardtail on the Red.

B+ may well be a good compromise, but not had a chance to try it yet.

LMT
    Free Member

Geoffj, let me know what its like! I won’t be bombing round, still got bruised ribs!

geoffj

Will do – I’ll be trying to keep up with a pair if 13 year old racing snakes on full sus bikes, so it’ll be interesting!

LMT
    Free Member

Just had a thought, not sure if the fat tyres fit on the bike rack! Would mean no problem!!

rOcKeTdOg

Did it on my fat bike 2 weeks ago, got PRs up & down, last time used a FS 😯 😀 fuse will be fine

geoffj

The Fuse was great and probably provided a bit more grip on some of the greasier sections (super g) than a regular 2.2″ tyre.

ChrisL

Either bike will be very happy on any of the waymarked trails, I reckon. You won’t feel over our under biked on either of them.

If you ride the black then a full sus may deal with the choppy surface better but I don’t know how well a plus bike handles that sort of thing compared to a regular hardtail.

If you intend to go looking for off piste trails then I’d take whichever bike you’re most comfortable riding steep stuff on. Some of it is narrow enough to trouble fast bike tyres I gather, again I don’t know if that would extend to plus tyres.

LMT
    Free Member

I have a dropper on the fuse, still haven’t got round to one on the camber.

Thanks geoffj for the reply!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Glentress next week…’ is closed to new replies.