Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glentress next week
  • MrsToast
    Free Member

Naturally it’s going to be completely dry and sunny, but I was also wondering whether the Go Ape construction had finished and all of the trails were open as normal now?

I know they were supposed to be from the 30th June, but I didn’t know if they’d been delayed at all by the recent weather.

honeybadgerx

Can’t help you with the trail info but if you’re up riding during the week let me know as I think I’m in your team for SITS so would be good to catch up! Good effort at Mayhem by the way, looking forwards to seeing folk at trailbuilding on Sunday for a bit of gentle ribbing…

imnotverygood

No they haven’t finished yet. They now say that they will be finished by tomorrow (although the website didn’t say that when I went up there yesterday :roll:) It isn’t a particularly huge diversion compared to what they have been doing earlier in the year.

MrsToast
    Free Member

@honeybadgerx

Ha ha, my performance at Mayhem was certainly an effort, not really sure about the ‘good’ part though. 😛 Will have to catch up at Glentress, we’re there all week next week (staying in Innerleithen), taking it in turns (one person rides, other looks after t’boy).

Hoping we can find a doggy day care place so we can ride together at least one of the days, but everywhere we’ve contacted has either said that they’re booked up, or haven’t responded. 🙁

@imnotverygood

Cheers for the info, I suspected it would still be going on as these things never finish when they’re supposed to! 😛

flowerpower
    Free Member

We were there on Tuesday, they have all the signs etc up as though they are open, but they were still working on it. It would appear to be going in pretty quickly though, we arrived at 9.30 and there was a van parked at the side of the road up to BN car park. Left at 3.30 and the wire was up, wooden steps in, landing platform built and tea and biscuits on the go…

br
    Free Member

In the local paper they reckon for Saturday, but then it was due last week.

Looks ace though compared to others I’ve seen (Cannock and Wendover), especially the zip-line across the valley.

Only current diversion was the ride up to the road, and the blue down from the blue/red cut-off – as of yesterday.

rickmeister

Was there with Orangina on Sunday and Go – Ape opened that day and people were on it… The blue underneath the construction was still closed though…

Diane
    Free Member

Yes I was told it had opened on Sunday ‘soft launch’ whatever that means. Perhaps they were doing live safety tests on the unsuspecting 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

Everything is open, Mr Toast informs me. Unfortunately the new car park is closed for re-tarmaccing, so there’s no showers, changing, and today the bike wash was inaccessible. Apparently it’ll reopen Thursday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glentress next week’ is closed to new replies.