Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Glentress Mash Up cancelled… now here's the good news
  • laraichean

There's now an alternative FREE event in the tweed valley, on a stonking mostly natural route with some cracking descents, on the day the Mash Up was meant to be – Sat 24 July. Glentress, 10am, free to take part, register at tweedlove website. Clouds, silver linings and all that. Who's coming?

cynic-al
    Free Member

link?

stooo
    Free Member
    stooo
    Free Member

it's the natural tweed ride… I'd taken the day off work for Monday (when it was supposed to be) though now it's on the saturday maybe some more folk will come. Looks like it could be a cracker of a route.

Linky linky

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I am interested to see what route they are planning on taking from lee pen down to innerleithen.

Diane
    Free Member

Yes i thought that too 😯 Am going to a meeting tonight so perhaps i will find out more. Could understand it if it said Caerlee.

Hoping to do first part of the ride as not sure the legs can do all that 🙂

stooo
    Free Member

Aye – just been reading the route. Looks pretty interesting.

I've just moved to inners 3 months ago and still learning all the extra-trailcentre natural stuff that's here, so hoping this ride will add some extra options to my portfolio of local trails. Been looking up at Lee Pen from the back garden since moving here thinking "there must be a good line down that"… just not managed to find the time to wonder up there yet…

So many trails, so little time.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

stoo – look up the other side of the valley from lee pen and fill your boots.

druidh
    Free Member

Wasn't it also cancelled last year?

stooo
    Free Member

Obi-Twa….
    Assume you mean the line down the ridge behind the stone circle…. ? Yeah, found plenty up there 🙂

shhhhhhh

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Keep looking.

stooo
    Free Member

Obi_Twa…

Is there a whole lotta stuff up there ? Don't wanna go describing too much on here.

You local then ? Fancy a pedal sometime? Email address in my profile.

Cheers
    Stu

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Stoo – there are hundreds of trails up there. Am a couple of miles along the road from you.

Diane
    Free Member

The girls from The Hub are leading that rideout and yes it does go over Lee Pen – so here's to the adventure! 😆

hels
    Free Member

I wonder if they would let me tag along for the first bit – by coincidence and with all this nice weather (and cards on table I hate big group rides I think I lack patience) I have done all of the rest of those routes in the last week, but would be interested to see the link from the Black to Lee Pen.

Think I will pop them an email.

Diane
    Free Member

Well that's all i'm going to do Hels then ask to join them for the BBQ after 🙂

markyboy
    Free Member

wouldnt mind a copy of that route map if anyone could oblige 😉

thv3
    Free Member

Also interested, I am working later that day but will see how much of the route I can squeeze in!

Also wondering about the route down Lee Pen, have signed up so will wait for the full route to appear.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

The only xc route down lee pen heads off to the west to join a quad track which loops back round to the normal walkers route. Or so it looks like.

thv3
    Free Member

Ah, well spotted. Should have thought of Google maps before!

Might investigate that one myself sometime soon.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Mash Up cancelled… now here's the good news’ is closed to new replies.