• This topic has 44 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Glentress / Inners on Friday
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

anyone going to be riding at GT/Inners on Friday?

jimmy

you asking?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

aye. i'm taking the day off and want to ride – not been to either for well over a year.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Was planning heading to IL on thursday, but I guess that's no good to you?

gecko76

I could be up for Innerleithen – not been before.

jimmy

I'd love to but should really get my head down in the books. Grrrr

radoggair
    Free Member

i potentially might be going to inners on Friday with a possible +1. If i'm going, About 11 sound good?

Jimmy, MTFU, stop studying and get out

jimmy

FFS can everyone just stop riding for the next 2 weeks??

radoggair
    Free Member

Get off this bloody forum and start studying now then, when most of us are working:*

* Friday 21st -Monday 7th sept, radoggair on hols*
    (wife doesn't know, but this will mean zero shopping and 90% biking)

RevWill
    Free Member

I think I'm going to be there on Friday, though I've got no idea what time, I'm not in charge of the plans.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

I might manage a ride on Thursday Stuartie if you're up for hooking up 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

That would be grand Andy.

I'm just getting over a cold and I'm about to go out and watch Celtic getting horsed out of the Champions League, so may not be at my sharpest tomorrow… 😳

My plan was the SUW/Gypsy Glen circuit, but open to other route suggestions from a local!

Say 11am start?

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Magic – I don't do fast so you'll not be under any pressure Stuartie 😆

I'm easy route-wise, if you fancy could go explore some of the trails off the beaten track from Innerleithen.

My number's 07713151773 and if you like could head off from ours (EH44 6HZ), or the car park just up Leithen Road.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Radoggair make that possible +1 a defenite 8)

Jimmy – You know a ride will help revitalise your motivation to study !

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Andy,

I'll give you a call tomorrow morning just before I leave Dunfermline (aiming for 10 – about an hour's drive).

Cheers,
    SC

jimmy

Radoggair – what happened to those plans for the 29th Aug? Is the Aviemore ride still happening?

bigdug – aye, it'll also put me to sleep for the weekend! nearly finished now…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

sooooo, anyone around on friday then? 🙂

gecko76

Eleven works for me.

Have use of big Audi estate for bike carrying duties if that helps.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Nice one Stuartie – forecast's looking grand too.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aye, don't forget the sunblock and some change for an ice cream.

radoggair
    Free Member

sooooo, anyone around on friday then?

keep up miss dirty, 11am inners car park where we all shall meet. Hurrah for riding

Radoggair – what happened to those plans for the 29th Aug? Is the Aviemore ride still happening?

Its still on, watch this space in next few weeks for more info, but get 29th written down

caledonia
    Free Member

I'm going on Friday !!
    I have a sneaking suspicion my mate might cancel on me.
    Original plan was for IL (never been before) but since he is prob not comming I was gonna go for GT as it's busier for a solo blast.

When you thinking of heading out dirtygirlonabike ??
    I'm heading in from Dunfermline also – so I'm about an hours drive.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i might be struggling to make it for 11am, but could get there for round about that time. i might prefer to do GT though – not ridden a man made centre for ages and ages and ages so will probably be mince and inners might be a rather harsh re-introduction to it! If i go to GT, will probably do black to bottom of boundary trail, and then possibly up to spooky wood and down red from there. If its inners, will head off at plora craig to do the dh trails as i don't like plora craig much.

Has anyone done the 'old' climb at IL recently – is it overgrown, or still rideable?

what bikes do you have so i can recognise you? caledonia, are you doing IL or GT?

caledonia
    Free Member

I like your plan for GT quite a bit actually !
    I was planning going with experienced IL mates, but they are not coming.
    So GT would suit me too.

I'm running a Light Blue original Trance with Recons on the front.
    Light blue Giro Helmet.

11am sounds very sociable, I'll try and meet you at the Hub ?
    I will warn you I'm not that great at climbing.
    So I won't be offended if you leave me for dead as a slow coach !

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

DG, there is a new red option at inners thats great fun and avoids plora and the old climb is a bit overgrown but still very much useable. Inners also offers the option of cutting onto the Southern Upland Way for some superb riding if you fancy something a bit less 'trail centre'.

radoggair
    Free Member

For those that fancy inners tomorrow, 11am it shall be

hairy bawsack, i'l be down yours by 9:45am (p.s. my road cranks nearly fell off yesterday but i sorted them using this thing called an allen key. Strange at first but got used to it)

Look out for 2 knarly x-country pro's, with all the gear and zero fear riding sexy 5 spot's (red and grey)

gecko76

Hmm, Glentress or Innerleithen…?

Think I'm still more tempted by the latter. Will be on a white Viper hardtail, probably wishing for full sus to keep up on the downs.

jimmy

PSA: ALL RIDING IS BANNED BY LAW TOMORROW. IN FACT SO IS LEAVING THE HOUSE. EVERYONE STAY AT HOME, NOTHING TO SEE MOVE ALONG.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Will see you there then J 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

jimmy is gay…………………………….

so stop being gay and get out and ride. Maybe i can persuade you with a chris king race thingy thats in my bag???????// oooohhhhhh race thingy, yyeeaaahhhhhhh

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Good birl around the hills on the "other" side today courtesy of Andy@Innerhaven. Thanks for showing me round Andy and putting up with me riding like a Southern Jessie.

Have fun tomorrow boys and girls!

(PS – Radoggair – what's happening with Torridon trip? You got an elaborate secret plan?)

Smee
    Free Member

You're all bastards. Imagine going riding in my back yard when I've got to go work.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

For the purpose of jimmy's decision making:

or

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

TZF, why not have the day off and show us round Gypsy Glen?

Smee
    Free Member

Cant do that because I've been skiving around all week already and need to go and make some cash tomorrow.

Gypsie Glen is easy enough to figure out.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

think i'm going to opt for GT around about 11ish. will be on a kona hoss which is in part why i'm opting for GT – would prefer to do Inners on my Hustler for some bouncy fun, but its in bits at the moment. hoping its going to be as nice tomorrow as it is tonight – pentlands was nice and dry 🙂

happy riding 🙂 will also be out on Sat am if anyones around.

Smee
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure this lot will take you round some of the lesser known parts of Inners. Kona Hoss would be fine.

jimmy

You make it seem like an easy choice…

To add to that, why not include the job interview I now have to prepare for (at least that will appease Greig, about time I got some responsibilty at 54yrs old)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i know it will be fine, just not sure i will be! only been back on the mtb a few months after lots of road riding only… still re-discovering how to mtb again and the most i've done recently is the pentlands so techie skills aren't that good. if i change my mind i will head to inners, but will be struggling for 11am at GT, never mind a bit further down the road.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'd be jealous of all these people riding during the week if I wasn't finishing early tomorrow and going to Glen Affric.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Glentress / Inners on Friday’ is closed to new replies.