• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Glentress Hush Hush
  • bantasanta
    Free Member

Would anyone on here be able to advise on how this aforementioned bit of secretiveness is riding currently? Also, since the available gopro footage is limited, what is it like to ride? Anything else in the forest that it’s comparable to? Cheers.

coogan
    Free Member

Which bit? There is loads.

Northwind

I think what some folks call Hush Hush, is Glorious Five Year Plan? Comes off the boundary trail and goes down to the top of Deliverance?

I’ve not ridden it recently but it’s fairly unglentressy- very roughly dug, we ran out of time really 😆 So it’s all as-dug, fast and swoopy but can be slippy. I reckon right now it’ll be very soggy.

bantasanta
    Free Member

Comes off the boundary trail and goes down to the top of Deliverance?

Yeah, that’s the one. Is it steeper or more technical than say brown trout?

Northwind

Probably similiar steepness overall? Same sort of short-steepish-bit/ flatter recovery bit style. Though a worse surface so a bit sketchier. Less technical, but faster. I’m totally drawing a blank for things to compare it to tbh! Start of secrets and lies maybe?

Anyway- if you’re up for broon troot in the wet I reckon you’ll be fine.

bantasanta
    Free Member

Cheers.

coogan
    Free Member

Ah. That’s what it’s called. It’s a great bit of trail.

kjrogers

really enjoy this trail. rode it at the weekend and it was pretty greasy. I would say it was steeper than broon troot. There is a small off camber drop near the top that always catches me out as well if I attack it too much.

if you want to see video of it last September when it was riding really nicely then have at look at my link. Think this was my first or second time down it. Comes with a fall off on the drop I mentioned and obligatory imagine dragons soundtrack.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTOxte5r8xY&list=PL5GYEVW7-wgqYNtW_PniV_AqtVwmwM37W&index=2[/video]

Oh and I thought it was called revelation.

tpbiker
    Free Member

it looked like a piece of piss…

until the camera turned back up the hill!

Go Pros really do make runs like that look far far easier than they are.

survivor

Were you walking down that? 🙂

bantasanta
    Free Member

Looks like the best line for that root drop at the top is to just hit it square in the middle and keep the front end pointing through the corner. Is it rollable or is the go pro making it look tame?

kjrogers

if you go to the right you can roll it pretty easily. if you hit it straight on for some reason I tend to wash the front wheel out. Did it the other week and wheel washed out but managed to hold it this time. I’ll keep trying.

Camera really does flatten it out. Did the same to my alps stuff.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Perfectly rollable, coming from a wuss…

bigjim

it was pretty wet last thursday but not too much standing water. I find brown trout trickier, it’s a bit more awkward. great bit of trail!

Northwind

The full stage was called Revelation.

See those roots you crashed on? Totally my fault 😆 The rangers wanted to take those out, mostly just because they needed a fair bit of work to get them to ride, I really wanted to keep them because it was such a boring bit of forest floor, no rocks and not many good roots, so it ended up being my wee pet project. Great success 😆

br
    Free Member

That footage really doesn’t do it justice.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Northwind – if I were to get up to Glentress sometime, would you be able to show me around some of the secret stuff? We can argue about the merits of the Focus estate over the Octavia estate as we go around? 😉

Ridden some of the secret bits which I’ve just randomly come across before but would love to find more of it!

Northwind

Aye, we could do that, just let me know. It’s not like I’m the total master of secrets or anything but I think I know all the gt stuff.

rickon
    Free Member

It’s running really nicely at the moment, the top clag has washed away for the middle sections – after the clearing – and the bottom section is a bit muddy but running very well.

It’s very different to how it was when first cut, as most of the mud is gone from the middle and it’s now down to the bedrock.

You’ll come out of the end of it covered in mud though.

Not as technical as Brown Trout, but steeper overall. It flows far better than that POS Brown Trout 😉

Megasupercool.

coogan
    Free Member

A month or so back I went down it in the fresh deep snow. Was a right larf! Think I went quicker than normal.

br
    Free Member

At GT tomorrow night – best we take a look 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Hush Hush’ is closed to new replies.