Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Glentress = Good / Glentress = Bad
  • falkirk-mark

would you expect most riders at glentress riding off road not to be concerned about the highway code. Also Probably half the people that use Glentress at the weekend are non drivers

slowclimb
    Free Member

al – doesn't really matter if "slow climb" was aware of riders behind in this instance as he clearly doesn't usually find it important –

I really dont get what all the jibes which shoot about on this forum are about, all i really meant was some people need to learn a bit of manners on the trails and isnt Glentress great really.
    I didnt expect a critique of my knowledge of the highway code, of course I am aware of what is going on behind me ive got my son with me FFS, but thats all you can be is aware and if somebody is riding like a muppet take some kind of action, evasive or otherwise.

scaredypants

There is something sweet about keeping up with some full on body armoured up rad dudes on a descent when you are with a tagalong

you are glupton and I claim my £5

I am as fast as Glupton on a bike though and could easily outride them

you are NOT glupton

Smee
    Free Member

Scaredypants is incorrect on at least one of those counts.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

2 bad things about glentress

Women in 4×4 driving fast up or down the fireroad.
    Women in 4×4 who cant reverse for toffee

on sat there was a women in a greenish/grey new disco hammering the fireroad.

scaredypants

Scaredypants is incorrect on at least one of those counts

ah, but the glupton is strong in (at least) one of them 😉

kennyp
    Free Member

If you ask me the main thing is that the original posting said that the vast majority of the folk there were very friendly and chatty. And to be honest I suspect the two guys that cut the trailer up would have apologised if something had been said to them at the time.

As for GT being extremely busy….well great, the more folk get into the sport the better. If you don't like crowds either do the black or go elsewhere.

GT might not have the toughest trails in the country, but it's probably done more than any other mountain bike facility in introducing new folk to the sport. And the cafe is still my favourite eating place anywhere.

polarisandy
    Free Member

hmm, i don't really understand why you're getting all the jibes either.

ganic
    Free Member

maybe because hes moaning about people endangering his "family". However its him who chose to take his young (4 year old?) to a trail centre mountain biking. Which is his choice, however by his own admission it was very busy, he chose to do the red route, and chose to take his son mountain biking, in itself pretty dangerous sport if things go wrong (which they sometimes do).

So hes assessed the risk of doing this with his son, and then decided that taking a 4 year old on a tag along, on a busy weekend, at Glentress, is totally acceptable.

Then when the inevitable happens, (ie someone gets alittle close, but no harm done) he says hed (rip off thier head" etc etc for harming his beloved family. Yet after all hes the one who put his son in that situation, accepting the risk that accidents at busy trail centres on red routes sometimes happen.

So moaning and being all aggressive on a forum about how everyone should watch out for him is abit short sighted, and possibly some of the blame might just lay with the original poster.

slowclimb
    Free Member

I havent at any point said anybody should watch out for me and never mentioned doing the red. I only as I mentioned in the original post did the red from red squirrel which is about 100 metres. The green and blue trails are designed to be family friendly, the green even mentions trailers on it's write up. I don't feel I have been overly aggressive at any point but I do feel some of the replies sum up what has happened to this forum, all I was trying to say was we all love mountain biking and Glentress but a bit more respect for other trail users would not go amiss that was all.
    So that's it for me with this forum, cheers the majority of you are good guys but some of you I struggle to understand .
    I'm off to a forum where people don't bite your head off…… Mmmm might be tricky.
    Mods – could you delete my account please

slowclimb
    Free Member

One final post, I'm welling up!
    Me and the boy will still be up Glentress all the time with the tagalong so if you see one and reckon it's us give us a shout, lets put some love back into mountain biking!!!

Smee
    Free Member

slowclimb – if you haven't done so already, have a look at the mtb borders forum.

Sandwich

Ganic- fail. Read what's written not what you think is there. 🙄

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'll keep an eye open for you when I'm there with my kids. I wonder at what age it's ok to take your kids to GT. Our oldest has been going since he was 4 give or take. Talking to Tracey about the kids club a while back and she said they had them as young as five. I don't see how its slowclimbs responsibility to be aware of everything going on behind him. If I'm catching somebody on a descent I hang back or stop or give them a shout if its safe to do so.I'd rather be the one letting them know that I'm there than watch somebody have a crash because they are trying to be aware of stuff going on behind them. I had a similar experience on Good Game a couple of months back where some guy barged past myself with our youngest on the back then proceeded to barge past four kids and three adults without a word of warning. A quick shout from him and we could have and would have happily moved over from him. All part of good trail etiquette as far as I can see. Of course some folks on here are just like Jack Russell terriers, a bit yappy and just like starting fights.

bigyinn
    Free Member

God some of the posters on here really take the biscuit.
    Ok perhaps sloclimb didnt express hiself very well, but come on!
    I do dispair at some people on here and quite frankly its a bit embarassing to think i have a common interest as them!

kennyp
    Free Member

So that's it for me with this forum, cheers the majority of you are good guys but some of you I struggle to understand .
    I'm off to a forum where people don't bite your head off…… Mmmm might be tricky.
    Mods – could you delete my account please

Bit of an over-reaction I'd have thought. This is also the same forum where someone was able to build a new bike with the parts given free by other folk after his bike was stolen. And it's the same forum that managed to get that bloke his job back after he was wrongly accused of looking at dodgy websites.

That's just two examples, I'm sure there are others I've missed.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Glentress = Good / Glentress = Bad’ is closed to new replies.