Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Glentress Conditions….
  • MussEd
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled by eddyfire, on Flickr[/img]

Pretty much like this in case you were thinking of travelling….just above free ride area. It got worse, very quickly!

bigjim

that looks OK, or is it pine needles on top of the snow rather than the ground showing through?

did you try the pie run etc? was pretty keen to get out tomorrow…

MussEd
    Free Member

Pine needles on top….we turned down Hit Squad rather than head up to the Mast/Spooky Wood….even as low as this is was deep as…reckon id have got on better with flats…spds were clogging constantly…from Pie Run downwards was all fine though…in short I’d say don’t bother…

MussEd
    Free Member

On the plus side it will be quiet!

bigjim

Hmm maybe not ideal then, dammit!

Northwind

If the roads are sensible tomorrow I think I’m going to take my most carriable bike, and go round the black. Who’s with me?

the_lecht_rocks

I’d love too, but we’ve got 18″ in places in Grampian….

br
    Free Member

If the roads are sensible tomorrow I think I’m going to take my most carriable bike, and go round the black. Who’s with me?

A few weeks ago when it was as bad we rode GT car park to Inners, did a lap and then rode up past Innerleithen golf course and took the old road up Leithen Water and climbed to the start of the Boundary Trail. Its was (fun) rideable from there.

Not sure I’d bother with Kipps etc

MussEd
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled by eddyfire, on Flickr[/img]

Not the deepest snow we encountered…

bigjim

Northwind I think I met you at gt a few months back in deep snow, when I was bailing off the black after spending 2 hours sliding up to the hut on the climb up, and you were coming up the red cutting onto the boundary trail. Based on that, I’m not sure about doing the black tomorrow! <edit> based on the two hours sliding to the top, not meeting you there :P>

Diane
    Free Member

Northwind – you should know better 😉 but I do look forward to the write up/pics!

br – it wasn’t as bad as now

bigjim

Anyone go down yesterday?

craig_w
    Free Member

Any updates? Was thinking of coming up for easter, but now not so sure!!

Diane
    Free Member

http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5486

Take a look here 😀 It’s been snowing since…..

whattyre
    Free Member

Yup planning a trip on Monday with some guys… Won’t go if mental!

Northwind

In the end I met a mate who was not so keen on the black route madness, so that gave me a convenient excuse 😉

Last sunday- green route not that family friendly, snow-dunes about 5 foot deep and firm enough to walk over, made me feel like Legolas. (maybe ride a fat-bike?)

IMAG0289 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

We had a great time tbh!

Northwind

Wee update from Andy the Ranger…

“Snow/Ice at all levels. Around 6 inches at Buzzards Nest car park, deeper at higher levels. So unfortunately not much riding to be had due to depth of snow covering much of the trails.. Roll on spring proper!”

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Conditions….’ is closed to new replies.