Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Glentress area with the Mrs.
  • sharkattack

First ride of the year this weekend. Can’t believe I’m saying that but the dates on Instagram back it up. Haven’t been out since 17th of December.

Anyway, my main riding partner right now is my girlfriend. She’s not useless on a bike but she is a beginner and I don’t want to break her. We want a full weekend away and I was thinking Tweed valley area for a change of scenery. All I really know though is Glentress and the Innerleithen DH tracks.

We’re going to drive up on Friday night and sleep in the van. So we have all day Saturday and Sunday to play with. How do we fill 48 hours with stuff that’s fun for me but not lethal for her?

Any advice welcome.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Gypsy glen route is always a classic, I’ll try and find a link

ivnickkate
    Free Member

some tweedlove natural routes
    http://tweedlove.com/travel/mountain-biking

I’ll look for the 2013/4/5 routes.

Also, don’t take her to the innerleithen golfie routes 🙂

Strava heat map makes for interesting reading.

LMT
    Free Member

The blues at glentress are great for a beginner I take my oh who bikes about 5 times a year and she loves it, managed to get her to do the climb up to spooky wood and she rode back down, I found a good bike she has a canyon nerve 8.0w some knee pads the new fox enduro, and just lots of breaks and jelly babies then we are all good!

sharkattack

Gypsy glen route is always a classic, I’ll try and find a link

That looks perfect thanks for that.

Also, don’t take her to the innerleithen golfie routes

I’m dying to ride them! But yes, I’ll save it for later.

The blues at glentress are great for a beginner

I think we might just spend the Saturday doing the blues and reds in there to get back into it. Definitely up for something natural and scenic for the Sunday.

joat

I have to bike back up to buzzards nest (secretly I like it) to collect the car after we’ve done the blue. It’s about the only way I get to ride with the wife on hills.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

I’m in the same position as you Shark, wife has just bought a new Canyon so doesn’t want to over extend hrself till she gets used to it. Think I’ll try and persuade her to do The Gypsy on Saturday and the red run on Sunday. Hopefully the forecast will continue to pick up.?

rOcKeTdOg

Yep GT blues are ideal, my OH is fit aerobically but a beginner on trails & loved the blues at GT

ivnickkate
    Free Member

New cool runnings trail to check out as well

br
    Free Member

Think I’ll try and persuade her to do The Gypsy on Saturday

Unless she’s (and you) reasonable fit (and confident) I’d leave Gypsy for another trip. Long climb and then can be very fast down in parts.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen was great, true its a bit of an uphill slog but the run into Peebles was superb, we loved it!

fergal
    Free Member

The Gypsy is superb, one of my faves and only just found the sweet sinuous singletrack down to the gate, well worth that extra little climb.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Glentress area with the Mrs.’ is closed to new replies.