Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glentress
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got two weeks before I visit Glentress for the first time! 🙂 Can't wait! properly excited! Been up checking out the maps this morning and thinking about what to do to fill the time with.

There is a small group going up and I was just wondering if anyone from STW wanted to join up with us while we are there. Its the weekend of the 25th / 26th Sept.

BTW – What's the black like? Is it worth doing rather than having two bashes at the Red?

🙂

Diane
    Free Member

I think you have to do both. Red is more fun though 🙂 Black has tougher climbs and a more 'out there ' feel to it. The black techy bits are all at the end though and can be reached from red run areas.

Don't forget Inners 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

i love the black run – it's a good cycle. graded black for distance as opposed to technicality mind.
    red is fun for a fast hours [or so] blast.

both trails are great imo.

jedi

deffo do inners bushwacked

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers, Current thinking is…

Friday afternoon – Inners XC
    Saturday GT Red, Blue and Freeride park
    Sunday GT Black.

coogan
    Free Member

You could also do Gypsy Glen right across the road from GT and then hook back up with GT by joining it from further along the road. You'd also find some nice wee DH runs in the woods. Gypsy Glen is a lovely wee natural route with a right giggle of a descent, nowt technical (watch out for some of the ruts) just a flat out singletrack blast.

crocodilian
    Free Member

You'll have a great time, we did the red about three times, the bike park which is great fun and Inners which we found a bit tougher than Glentress both ascending and descending, we got caught in what seemed like a hurricane force wind at the top which quite honestly blew us to the top with no pedalling! Have a great time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glentress’ is closed to new replies.