Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Glentress…..
  • kendo954
    Free Member

iv heard a few of the lower trails where closed a few weeks back, any locals know whats opened/closed this weekend?

12 of us over from Ireland and plan to ride Glentress Friday and Sunday (uplift at inners sat)

tomd
    Free Member

http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Glentress—Innerleithen

Check the bottom rhs of the page for trail updates

Northwind

There’s a pretty big diversion on the red just now. Have you been before? Reckon you can navigate offpiste stuff? I think all of the EWS stages (not secret but not on the maps) will still be open

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kendo954
    Free Member

cheers guys….

northwind – yeah been a fair few times…. would be very interested in the offpiste stuff if you have some directions…

mail in profile if you dont want it very public on here 😉

ChrisL

That web site’s not the best example of reporting trail conditions is it? It starts with:

Trails: All open with the exception of Pennels Vennel on the Red MTB Route which is closed due to dangerous windblown trees across the trail.

Then by the end of the section it’s listed another 7 trail sections that are closed!

tomd
    Free Member

It is up to date and correct though, assuming you don’t stop reading after the first sentence.

jonba
    Free Member

I was quite disappointed with what was open, it seemed most of the red was closed!

Still you can look at the map and then do some of the black and blue easily enough. Favourite bit is on the blue. I would love to be able to ride a really long trail like berm baby berm all the way from the top of the black back to the bottom carpark. It just makes me smile.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Rode it at the weekend and it was busy but we got caught out and hadnt checked the trail updates, presuming that after the massive winter closures the forestry work was done. Yeah, stupid not to have checked but Inners had some university downhill on so we’d avoided that.

You get Spooky wood then a diversion that is interesting and fast but nothing to it that takes you all the way down and allows Falla Brae.

At least if you know you can plan round it a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Glentress…..’ is closed to new replies.