Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Glenn Frey checks out and leaves
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another one gone. 🙁

neilthewheel

Good grief! 🙁

jimster01

Good Lord

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pigface
    Free Member

It’s getting ridiculous now, great guitarist, Smugglers Blues was the first track I ever saw on MTV

alanl
    Free Member

Scotroutes had him on his playlist.
    Please put Coldplay on it too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I realise it might not have been his finest work, but that opening scene/act from Beverley Hills Cop when Axel Foley hangs off the back of a semi after the smuggled ciggies bust to “The Heat Is On”. 😆

scotroutes

FFS!!

Not guilty this time.

I’m sure this will resurrect all the stories about himself and Don Felder but he really did help make one of the best, and most popular, bands of the 70s.

gordimhor

🙁 Well for 2 of the best albums of the 70s Desperado, Hotel California and for Take it easy thank you Glen

CheesybeanZ

🙁

plumber
    Free Member

Of all those recent deaths this one actually matters to me – some great solo songs

suspect no more eagles now

bit of a bastards by all accounts……

Bunnyhop

The Eagles were the first band I ever saw live. 1977 (I think). Absolutely fabulous live.
    Don will always be the mega band member with Glen and Joe complimenting perfectly.
    Seen the band live in the 1990s and the last time in 2014. So sad.

Glen did use up his 9 lives and probably doesn’t remember much of the 1970s or 1980s, still, its no age to go.

Rip.

IHN

Boo 🙁

The Eagles are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, always have been, In fact, screw ‘guilty pleasure’, I’ve always liked them, bollocks to what anyone else thinks…

Take It Easy is my karaoke/belting out in the car/guaranteed to cheer me up song, and I have stood on ‘that’ corner in Winslow, Arizona 🙂

And I’ve had a poo in Hotel California.

BoardinBob

Was introduced to the Eagles at a very early age and they definitely stuck. Saw them on the Hell Freezes Over Tour back in ’96. Probably one of the rare rock dinosaurs that were still as good live because they were such music and performance nerds. There’s a brilliant documentary that pops up on BBC3 now and again about the rise and fall of the whole 1970s LA rock scene – Fleetwood Mac, Jackson Browne, the Eagles etc. David Crosby is interviewed near the end and reveals he hates the Eagles because they were far too polished and professional. I think that helped them keep the standards up over the years.

With all these deaths can someone please wrap Neil Young, Donald Fagen, Walter Becker etc in cotton wool!!!

JulianA
    Free Member

A great shame – another one gone too young. My favourite band of all time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe, I’m quite sad about this.

The Eagles were always being played during my childhood at home. Mum loved them (amongst other artists) and you could pretty much guarantee you knew when Mum was home due to both level of volume and album being played.

Take it Easy is my Choon of choice at my Funeral.

Take it Easy Dude.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Glenn Frey checks out and leaves’ is closed to new replies.