Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Glencoe Red
  • thegman67

Heading up this Sunday. Has anybody been up this year and what’s new from last year

legend
    Free Member

Dont believe there’s any new features as such, however the track has now bedded in enough that it was frequently described as “very rough” by folk racing the SDA that used it 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We had a day on Glencoe about a month ago now.
    The black was in a poor state of repair and whilst not specifically closed, they’d tried hard to discourage you from riding it by placing a makeshift barrier where it leaves the red.
    As a result, the red was getting a LOT of use and it was suffering a bit.
    I haven’t ridden there previously, so can’t say if anything was “new” but it all looks well bedded in.
    TBH, it’s just a lumpy rocky blast, with very little in the way of features. We sacked it off after a few hours and rode the Devil’s Staircase over to Kinlochleven instead.

Rode Fort William WC track the next day and thought that was 1000 times better.

fergal
    Free Member

correct me if i am wrong, isn’t it an access road, core!.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

fergal… exactly!
    I wouldn’t travel just to do Glencoe red (caveat: IMHO of course)

Northwind

The black got hammered over the last winter. It’s a bit unfair to call the red an access road- it’s technically correct as it’s used for access, but that really gives the wrong impression. They ran an SDA round on it earlier this year and it got pretty good feedback.

But still- have you done the nevis red? Better track, better uplift. Oh and check the weather forecast, it’s not too good for sunday!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

It is possible to do Nevis Range and Laggan on the same day, depending on your travel time/distance.

Northwind

Aye, and the road between the 2 is excellent as well :mrgreen:

thegman67

Have done Fort Bill a few times but off to Morzine in four weeks so don’t want anything to challenging

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was at the ski centre in April, and they said them that the red wouldn’t open til July. Since then I’ve heard a lot of it was knocked away to use as an access road. I wouldn’t bother, the red at FW FTW.

toons
    Free Member

its sh!te I wouldn’t bother

shortcut

It was open in May and was fine aside for one boggy bit.

Good fun as part of a road trip. I disintegrate feel the need for a big bike!

meldrum44
    Free Member

To check out a video of the bottom of the red bike track at Glencoe with it’s new make-over go to https://www.facebook.com/GlencoeMountain?ref=hl Hope you all like it.

thegman67

Had a great day up their a few weeks backs. It is more testing than last year but great fun

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Glencoe Red’ is closed to new replies.