Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Glen Tilt – Circuit of Beinn A'Ghlo…missing singletrack
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Firstly, thanks to those who recommended this to me as a must do scottish ride a while back. I completed it today in so so weather but am really glad I set out to ride the route which is pretty flippin epic.

I followed the route clockwise and started out up Glen Tilt. I planned it from the Scotland Mountain Biking Guide written by Phil Mckane. The route is illustrated with a picture of a rider in some nice woodland singletrack, but I did not see this at all on the route? I am guessing it is in the woods at the start? Does anyone know?

Anyway, it was a toughie. I seem to have climbed non-stop all day long and the promised singletrack near the end was ever so slightly shitty due to recent rain. I’m not convinced that clockwise was the right decision as the ride ended on a bloody great road descent. But at the end of the day, who cares? I’m am nicely shattered and have had a day’s biking almost completely and utterly alone, apart from the brave group of DOE kids heading into the cloud as I emerged from it.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

We did it anti-clockwise, did you go along Glen Loch or via Fealar Lodge?

http://www.jamesrobertsonphotography.co.uk/?page_id=125

Cracking route anyway, not technical but fantastic remote riding 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

I did Fealar Lodge route

FraserHughes
    Free Member

That’s the same as us then, only in the opposite direction obviously. We didn’t find any wooded singletrack either but as you say it was probably in the forest near Blair Atholl – singletrack descent from Fealar to Glen Tilt was good thought.

I reckon there are plenty more tracks to explore around there!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tehr appears to be some singletrack in the wood at the Blair Atholl end of the tilt – however I have always been too knackered when I go thereto bother trying to find it doing the route anticlockwise

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Tehr appears to be some singletrack in the wood at the Blair Atholl end of the tilt – however I have always been too knackered when I go thereto bother trying to find it doing the route anticlockwise

I’ve gone in search of it but what I found was just hard muddy graft for no real reward

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Glen Tilt – Circuit of Beinn A'Ghlo…missing singletrack’ is closed to new replies.