Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Glen Tilt Beinn a'Ghlo Loop – Underwhelming?
  • proteus
    Free Member

Always been disappointed in Scotland. Riding is over-rated – dull classics that are just fire road slogs, infested with biting insects and full of racists that you can barely understand.

It’s grim up north.

matt_outandabout

😆

mactheknife

😀 have a smiley from me too..

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Shush Proteus, everybody will want to come up here with talk like that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

proteus – Member
    Always been disappointed in Scotland. Riding is over-rated – dull classics that are just fire road slogs, infested with biting insects and full of racists that you can barely understand.

It’s grim up north.

Operation ‘don’t show the nitwits the good bits’ has been a roaring success…..

scotroutes

Why do you think the 7 Stanes are strung across the border?

DavidB
    Free Member

If you think the ride is bad, try the food in the hotel over the road at the start.

duckman

The route is definitely better anti-clockwise. I am with the poster on the 1st page; I have walked down landy tracks so many times from obscure and not so obscure hills that a mountain bike seems really fast down them. 😀 It can get a bit wet up past the watershed,but Braemar to Blair Atholl is one of my favourite days. Probably because the Cairngorms are my favourite range and a day in them is worth two anywhere else to me. Linn of Dee/Derry Lodge/Corrour/then dowm to white bridge and on down to B/Atholl is another cracker.

mangatank
    Free Member

infested with biting insects and full of racists that you can barely understand.

Your name is Nigel Farage and I claim my £10 😛

chickenman

Did Matt Outandabout’s Beinn a Ghlo route on Sunday; in reverse. A grand day out with not too much riding uphill…just lots of pushing! 🙁
    Numpty that I am, I set off in the mist with no map, compass, GPS or First Aid kit. All were required(yes I fell over pushing the bike uphill!).
    Doing the ridge from the Carn Liath end means less of a hike up the first peak, but shorter descents and more uphills on the ridge.
    The pay off is the fantastic descent (600m over 4 kms)down to Glen Tilt (to the footbridge upstream from Forest Lodge)from the final summit. Managing to find the tiny path down with 50m of visibility was the height of jamminess. The final descent to the bridge down the zig-zags is something quite wonderful. All in all not as technical though as the Carn a Chlamain descent opposite.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Glen Tilt Beinn a'Ghlo Loop – Underwhelming?’ is closed to new replies.