Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • glen tilt?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

I was thinking of heading up to glen tilt on saturday but the recent weather is making me think twice.. what with the amount of rain im thinking that up at the falls i wont be able to cross the river.. has anyone been up recently?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

There was a post on this a few days ago. The rivers up here go up and down very quickly with rain. Water levels have risen a bit in the last week, but still not bad. Given the forecast for the next few days I would suggest you leave it for another weekend

rickmeister

There is a river crossing at the head of the Glen near the Bamford bridge that may or may not be passable… if you do the route clockwise then you could just turn round and scoot off… anticlockwise, it would be a real mare as you would be about 75% into the circuit…

Apologies if you knew this already…

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yeh will be doing it clockwise.. Think I’ll take the chance and some wellie’s!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Let us know how it goes as we may try it early next week. The last two times I’ve ridden it, the trails have been powder dry and we crossed the rivers with dry feet. I have my doubts it’ll ever get that dry again.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Great to kayak!

turbo1397
    Free Member

might need a kayak..! will post when done (hopefully) r.e conditions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘glen tilt?’ is closed to new replies.