Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Glen Sligichan, Skye – MUVI vid and pics
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Further to my post last night re Halfords bikes and mudguards in the mountains, I bring you my shonky £15 MUVI knock off video of Glen Sligichan. Edited down to four minutes and with a few pics thrown in for good measure.

The light wasn't great, so it's all a bit shaky.

slig vid

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Like that.

Not bad quality for a £15 camera. The opening and closing stills are superb.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers stuartie. The stills were shot on a Nikon D300 though, so don't rush out and buy a MUVI cam based on those 🙂

The MUVI isn't too bad at all in reasonable light but as soon as it's even a wee bit overcast, the picture gets really shaky.

Also, it's a bit of a swine trying to guess where the lens is pointing – got it sussed now I think – as you saw, a lot of the footage is of the ground flying (crawling) by beneath, rather than of the trail ahead.

Kit
    Free Member

More photos, less video next time 😉

Was great to be reminded of the ride though! I rode the 50km loop a few years back:

user-removed
    Free Member

Kit – Member
    More photos, less video next time

Yeah, fair enough – I'm wondering about the logistics of turning my old compact into a headcam tho – it does half decent videos and has VR too..

What was your return route to Sligichan BTW?

Kit
    Free Member

Sligachan – Camasunary – Kilmarie – top of Loch Slapin and north through the glen to Luib then coastal singletrack road and A87 back to Sligachan.

The glen to Luib (inbetween Strath Mor and Glas Bhein Mor (it says here)) was awful, a wet boggy push for the majority of it, and then a large section of tarmac back to the hotel. Not really worth it I thought.

user-removed
    Free Member

That kind of confirms what I had suspected and heard (from you on another thread?!). Glad I went for the out and back option then. I'd do it again like a shot but then, the Fairy Pools path was much, much faster and more satisfying TBH… Also much shorter.

Kit
    Free Member

Where's that then? I don't really know Skye, and I had to go look out my OS map to get the place names. Next time though I'll do an out and back, although I reckon the climb and descent to Kilmarie are good fun and could be added to the out and back route.

user-removed
    Free Member

It's the path running out of Slig to the left as you look at it on an OS map. Passes Alltdearg House, over Coire na Circe and becomes Bealach a Mhaim. But best done from Glen Brittle forrest down into Slig. Ride report and piccies HERE.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Glen Sligichan, Skye – MUVI vid and pics’ is closed to new replies.