Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Glen Kinglas route advice
  • muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm doing this ride tomorrow but was looking for a little advice. I've done it before starting from Victoria Bridge and the taking a left at the end of Glen Kinglas but for tomorrow i was thinking of changing things a little. Instead of a point to point i'd like to do a loop. So, i was thinking of starting at the Kingshouse, following the WHW to Victoria Bridge, riding down Glen Kinglas but taking a right at the bottom following the loch until i can get to the road near Dalness and then riding up glen etive (on the road) to return to the Kingshouse. My question is has anyone ridden the Loch Etive section that i'm suggesting and if so what is it like.

Cheers,

MTM.

cynic-al
    Free Member

many times, the lochside path is a slog and I've seen few ride it (rocky wet flat path) but well worth it IMO. A long day!

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Cool, sounds like it'll be a goer then. I'm try and post up a few pics.

marty
    Free Member

pretty tough going. quite boggy in bits, particularly at the head of the loch just when you think it must get better. 3 hours from where you meet the loch to tarmac IIRC.

fine if you like being "out there", less so if you're expecting peachy singletrack.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

several options back if you've got the legs for it:

via the pass of brander / glen orchy
    via connel bridge / north shore of the etive

Sanny
    Free Member

Glen Kinglas ain't what it used to be. The singletrack after the slabby rock has been decimated. It's now a shitty Land Rover track. Gutted as it was a magic section to ride. So much for progress!

proteus
    Free Member

So much for progress!
    It's an estate road* in a working landscape. Suck it up or buy the estate.

* Y'know, like the one up Beinn a Bhuird…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glen Kinglas route advice’ is closed to new replies.