Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Glen Affric
  • jezmree
    Free Member

Can someone suggest an easy nav two day route up there with accom/bothy in the middle? Ta!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I went up last year and parked at Chisolms? bridge. rode up the track and did a counter clockwise loop that descended down to the lodge at the lochs..then a short ride back to the car.Its a bit of a hikey bikey ride in places but i dont mind that. Theres also a few high fences to get over but the scenery before you drop back down to the lochs is unreal.To find the point where you have to cross the river and link up to the track that takes you back over is quite tricky to see.I was lucky enough to see 2 walkers traversing up from the river. a map would no doubt help but i didnt have one, i was on one of my dodgy tourventures.

druidh
    Free Member

If you park at Dog Falls, there’s an easy track leading SW along the banks of Loch Beinn a’Mheadhoin. That’ll take you round to Loch Affric and the landie track all the way to the Western end of the Loch. From here, cross the river at Athnamulloch and head further West on the very stony track all the way to the Youth Hostel at Alltbeithe. If you really want to bothy, then head further South West to Camban. A simple return is to headd back to Loch Affric and take the footpath on the North side of the Loch. Either use the tarmac now, or cross to the South track again back to Dog Falls.

Extending this to Morvich via Glen Lichd and returning via Bealach an Sgairne wouldn’t be out of the question. There would be a couple of spts where you’d want to dismount. Do NOT be tempted by An Caorann Mor to Cluanie.

I have some photos of part of this route taken last Autumn.

(click to see more)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jezmree
    Free Member

Thanks a lot Druidh!

fannybaws
    Free Member

i did the start of druidhs suggestion on sat with my 4 year old. reckon it would be a good trip

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – I meant to post this picture too.

Captured on Fuji Velvia just before I made the jump to digital. Click for a bigger version

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Druidh – your pics are fantastic; I wish I had the patience…

druidh
    Free Member

Eh, thanks for the compliment, but trust me – it’s all luck (and fantastic subject matter).

martinxyz
    Free Member

ahh i know that last spot/pic. its amazing there eh? folk would argue you photoshopped that to hell but the scenery really is that amazing.. and the film ..aye, you canna beat it!

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm – we didn’t hear from jezmree as to how his trip went…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Glen Affric’ is closed to new replies.