Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Glastonbury tickets
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Managed to get 5 tckts.. as a group of friends we were wanting 13 in total. 8 of us trying on phone and computers.. it was a nightmare.. 🙁 Anyone else have any joy?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No – totally gutted, will try for the resale but as they are for coach packages only it makes it a bit of a nightmare as i take my children.

planning a child free week in Ibiza instead to try and numb the pain …..

Bazz

A mate that i usually go with got a couple this morning, I have to take a year off next year so we can save for a family holiday 🙁

adjustablewench – The re-sale isn’t just for coach packages as i understand it, anyone who got a ticket this morning but then doesn’t pay the balance by the deadline has their ticket put back on sale.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yip.. as bazz says, the re sale is for normal returned tickets as well. There’s a few of my mates going to try again..

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it’s due to be a wet one.
    That’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

Moses

Mrs M and a mate have tickets, as have young Ms M and her mate.
    All dead chuffed.

CountZero

800,000 applications for 130,000 tickets, bound to be some disappointed applicants.

Northwind

No luck here, did manage to get as far as the “we are busy” page a few times but mostly just failed to connect. Pretty poor tbh, with all the extra hassle that goes before, surely time they go over to a ballot… It’s not like they’re surprised at the numbers.

I may have to go to some music-focused festival instead 😉 Wonder who’ll be at Reading.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

i know the tickets are the ones that get returned but the resale this year was just coach packages, we all tried to get one for a friend who’d missed out on the main sale by the time i got through the nearest ones that were left were coaches from York – not exactly green travel when you live in London but at least she got there!.

surely time they go over to a ballot… It’s not like they’re surprised at the numbers.

Didn’t they do this a couple of years back?

tomfun

It’s crazy, i went between 97-02 and most years we got our tickets by phoning some old granny at the Glastonbury town tourist information centre!

I’d love to go again, it really cheeses me off when you read all the balls about Glastonbury being a crap festival. If you’ve been you know its the best festival on earth. Even if the headliners are ‘mainstream’ there is so much to do to entertain yourself.

Comedy tent FTW!

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I was one of a group of 15, all trying to get tickets. Not one person managed to get through! But we’ve already made other plans and are now going to Benicassim, in Spain, instead. £85 for four days of music and more on the Spanish coast, in July. It can’t be all that bad!

turbo1397
    Free Member

You’ll enjoy benicassim.. done it last year. 🙂

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’m sure we will, I’ve done a few foreign festivals (BBK – Spain, Hurricane – Germany, Pinkpop – the Netherlands & Pukkelpop – Belgium) and they’re always a great laugh. 🙂

kimbers

+1 for european festvals, better weather, cheaper, and less posh folk in designer wellies doing coke ime

Over glasto id choose
    http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english

this years line-up
    http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/programs#.UlJsLMa-1I4

Its on an island in the Danube!

BeardedDave
    Free Member

Sziget was my choice for next year, after we missed out on Glastonbury, but I was out voted, in favour of Benicassim. Was chatting to a Dutch guy at Pinkpop, this year, that said he’d been and reckoned it was the best festival he’d ever done and it was very popular with the Dutch. Hopefully 2015 (or maybe 2014 too!)!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its on an island in the Danube!

[quote]Spanish coast, in July[/quote]

Tough decision………..

cardo

We went last year and loved it (7th one for me) didn’t get tickets this time round but the money we would have spent will pay for an Alps trip instead… 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Got ours, group of 5

TBH took less time this year than it did last year

tang
    Free Member

We get free tickets every year!

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Managed to get 2 lots of 6 tickets for our group.

Only people that got through were those trying on smartphones, they would hold the waiting page when it relaoded whereas pc browsers would time out.

Go figure…

yunki
    Free Member

As someone recently pointed out to the baleful hordes on my FB newsfeed, and as is being illustrated here too..

There are other far superior festivals available

Forge_Master
    Free Member

I got six and i can’t wait. I’ve not been for years and we’re taking a motorhome this time.

Northwind

tomcanbefound – Member

Only people that got through were those trying on smartphones, they would hold the waiting page when it relaoded whereas pc browsers would time out.

YEah, I had 2 different browsers running (one on laptop, one on desktop) and firefox was getting through far more often, explorer seemed to time out faster

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury tickets’ is closed to new replies.