Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Glastonbury 2016 Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Heavy queues to an apparently very muddy site around the SW this weekend. 😐

But weather set fair for the weekend. Yay! Hopefully it’ll dry out for the festival-goers. My mate and I had a “pass” to go this year but despite multiple efforts to get tickets, we had no luck. So, it’s sofa-watching again. I haven’t even looked at the line-up tbh. Been too busy sorting holidays and other activities and afraid to see who I might have missed.

Anyone there already? Feel free to tell us how great a time you’re having!

Who’s going to be awesome? Who’s going to be shit? Can anyone outdo Lionel’s “Sunday Legends” set from last year?

Flash, you might want to post your favourite festival line-up poster any time from here on. 😛

And we’re off.

tang
    Free Member

My eldest daughter and Dad have been on site since Sunday. Sounded pretty grim on Monday! Not been for a while and still miss it. I went to every one from 1975 to 1999.
    Heard a rumour it’s moving to Longleat

CountZero

The Longleat thing is to do with not wanting to stop doing the festival when they have a ‘fallow year’ to give the site a chance to rest, combined with the fact that they actually have to lease a large number of fields from neighbouring farms, as Worthy Farm just isn’t big enough to accommodate the population of Bath!
    It’s not confirmed yet, though; I’m sure there’s lots of licensing issues to negotiate before anything is properly announced.

llama

not going until Thursday morning

On my list: zz top, sigur ros, John grant, new order, beck, lcd sound system, and the ozrics. Apart from that go with the flow and try not to get shitfaced before lunchtime.

The mud is nothing. Seen it way worse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

As it happens, I’ll be tuning in to the tellybox coverage for ZZ Top (As they are truly awesome!), Beck (Deranged, but genius), Will White (If it’s shown. I like that whole Propellerheads big beat silliness), Lee Scratch Perry (Even more deranged, possibly even more genius!), DJ Yoda (Because, well…), and ELO (For the blue skies…)

There’s some interesting stuff on this year.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ozric Tentacles are playing?

llama

Yes ot are playing but their slot at 2pm may mean I need to peak early. In the glade too which will be top banana.

Saw lee Perry few years back (also in the glade) and I can confirm he is worth seeing. Not sure this year, have to wait and see. Dont reckon he’ll be on the tv coverage.

corroded
    Free Member

I was going to say something scathing about Coldplay, Muse and Adele but if the Ozrics are there that redeems it somewhat – been a fan since my teens. I’ll watch it from the comfort of my living room with a bottle of Burgundy.

jimster01

Hate to say this, but with those three headlining acts either the organisers are getting lazy or the lack of big acts willing to play Glastonbury.

senorj

My Missus is going ,leaving me as daddy day care.
    I may be a little bitter come Sunday evening. 😐
    Beck ftw. & a bit of Tame Impala before Adele.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Roisin Murphy and Foals on at the same time, pleased I’m at home so can catch both on iplayer

jimw
    Free Member

Both the police and the organisers are asking those who have not yet left to drive there to stay at home for a while, or if on the way and not in the huge traffic jam to pull over and wait a few hours.

Sounds grim

Houns

Was meant to be going, had a ticket. Ex and I split, managed to get refund and sooo glad I’m not going, line up is meh, no one on there that I felt I ‘had’ to see.
    I assume the ex is still going so I’m doing a rain dance

simon_g

They spent lots on drainage once they’d secured multi-year licences so the mud is never as bad now as it once was. That said, lots of rain beforehand is going to make things pretty miserable, including getting cars in the parking fields – the traffic today is probably going to be horrific.

Will be watching on TV this year. I don’t think much of the headliners, but then headliners aren’t really the appeal of Glastonbury anyway.

ollieT
    Free Member

Looking out my office window about 10miles from the site and nothing is moving since I got here at 8.People are out their cars and don’t look too happy! I couldn’t careless on my bike and off on holiday this Friday!

ollieT
    Free Member

Oh and its still raining!!

woody74

I live about 10 miles away and there must be a lots of pissed off locals, stuck in the traffic. Imagine if you were one of the thousands of worker, delivery people, etc that are having to go onto site but not enjoy any of it. Pretty hacked off having to be stuck in traffic for hours and hours. Interesting to know what Centre Parcs would think about it moving to Longleat. It would completely kill their business for 2 weeks.

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

I thought that the Longleat move was because of the gas main, running under the fields. They have been trying to stop people dancing on it for years

peekay

Centre Parcs would be filled with people going to the festival and not wanting to camp.

There is a big overlap in the Venn diagram for Centre Parcs and Glastonbury goers.

Scamper
    Free Member

I’m off to Mumsnet Center Parc, Longleat on Friday morning. Am I likely to be stuck in Glastonbury traffic? I don’t want my Prosecco to get warm.

martinhutch

I’m off to Mumsnet Center Parc, Longleat on Friday morning. Am I likely to be stuck in Glastonbury traffic? I don’t want my Prosecco to get warm.

There’s probably a back way in you can use.

brassneck

Stay off the A303

(We have that tattooed on us in Wilts when we are born)

Moe

Nine Below Zero are good enough to be way further up the billing! been around for years (and years) with a broad appeal and Joanne Shaw Taylor is definitely worth a listen, I’ll be seeing her next month at Newark (she’s supporting Joe Bonamassa).

johndoh
    Free Member

I had a ticket to go then my mother-in-law said she was planning a family weekend away for a couple of big birthdays, asked me if there were any weekends we couldn’t do, then went ahead and booked it on the one weekend I told her I was busy.

Still very pissed off.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2016 Thread’ is closed to new replies.