• This topic has 213 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)
  • Glastonbury 2015
  • DezB
    Free Member

Huh?

scandal42
    Free Member

Some weird pub singer shit performance going on now. Furture Islands or something. Embarrassingly bad.

Dezb

You need to wash your mouth out sir, Future Islands were totally awesome, love those guys.

mikey74
    Free Member

Do the Chemical Brothers actually have to be on the stage

I was reading an interview with their sound guy and apparently it’s all quite improvisational on stage. Sure, their sounds are mainly pre-recorded but they have complete control over what sounds are played and when.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

FFS were good fun, DFA1979 brilliant as ever, but other than that not a massive amount that really appealed to me.

John Peel would never have endorsed the overwhelming bulk of acts that appeared on the stage that is named for him.
    I know the Guardian have been running lots of articles on the scarcity of women in the line-up…it makes you wonder why they didn’t book the likes of Ex Hex, Waxahatchee, Speedy Ortiz, Du Blonde, Veronica Falls, RVIVR…at a stretch even L7 and Babes in Toyland are back!

I know it’s been going that way for years, but it’s just overwhelmingly MOR/Radio 2 now. Nothing wrong with that of course and there’s clearly a massive market for it.

doris5000

I know it’s been going that way for years, but it’s just overwhelmingly MOR/Radio 2 now. Nothing wrong with that of course and there’s clearly a massive market for it.

s’funny – this year they book 3 headliners: two dad-rock radio 2 acts and a huge contemporary name – and everyone petitions to get the young ‘un taken off the bill…

then again i was there in 2000 and travis and david bowie headlined. so maybe it’s always been a bit Radio 2 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    Do the Chemical Brothers actually have to be on the stage
    I was reading an interview with their sound guy and apparently it’s all quite improvisational on stage. Sure, their sounds are mainly pre-recorded but they have complete control over what sounds are played and when.

Electronic music on a stage is directly comparable to tuning a guitar string tbh, you turn each string on a guitar and you have a range of notes on each string, plus a range of effects you play around with till your heart’s content.

It’s similar with electronic music, you have all your samples, midi etc(strings) and you can manipulate in anyway you like put effects, transpose etc them and stuff.

midi and samples are a perfectly legitmate musical instrument. If people don’t believe this, try making a choon yourself.

I have, and the only defining factor(which I don’t have) is talent and a good ear.

tbh I’m surprised this question is still being asked in this day and age.

DezB
    Free Member

two dad-rock radio 2 acts and a huge contemporary name – and everyone petitions to get the young ‘un taken off the bill…

Ha! good point 😀

@seosamh77 – I can’t believe you bothered to explain!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye, I don’t know why either, suppose someone has to try! 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

well, even if the Chemical brothers set was just pressing a single button, it’s worth remembering that some people can make a dogs arse out of that too!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XivK7FzXZd8[/video]

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Huh?

sorry a bit oblique…the point —>
    electronic music is not new and hasn’t been since Mr Moog stepped up with his soldering iron*. Loud electronic music with flashy light shows has been popular since it was possible.

*and others

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, have just sat and watched the Chem Bros set in full after watching the Who last night, and I have to say that was ***king spectacular – any downloads available yet?

johndoh
    Free Member

Well just back, washed, fed and cuddles from my little girls.

Had a great time, my highlights were Rival Sons, Frank Turner, Pharell (somewhat surprisingly), Alt-J, Slaves and getting almost to the very front (about 6 people deep back) for The Who. Zak Starkey looks like the bloke who played Bilbo Baggins.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay. Glad you enjoyed johndoh! We’ve had a great time on the thread whinging our arses off about how shit it is (well, DebZ and others have). 😆

Houns

Roy Ayers (I’m on TV/BBC I player, right at the front) Mark Ronson, Lionel, Chemical Brothers, Roni Size, George Clinton, Burt Bacharach and Idris Elba (yes him) were my highlights, plus the awesome show at Arcadia (those dancers in the chain mail suits getting zapped…. Awesome!)

Gutted to miss Groove Armarda, Fatboy Slim, Matt Jam Lamont, 2manyDJs, 808 state and many more. The mind was willing but my flesh (well back) was weak!

Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2015’ is closed to new replies.