• This topic has 213 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)
  • Glastonbury 2015
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

Aye – enjoying Paul Weller.

donks
    Free Member

Quite enjoying Jamie t now.

sc-xc

What side’s jamie t on?

llama

Weller

senorj

In all my days I’ve never seen so many folk at the pyramid stage -nice one mr Ritchie.
    Slaves are worth a look on catchup ….IMO obvs.

Freester

Lionel smashed it.

I think the whole of Glasto went to see him. The last time I saw a crowd like that was Rolfie back in 2002 (I was there – the less said about that the better I guess 🙁 )

sc-xc

Rolf was 1992 wasn’t it? (I haven’t bern since the early 90’s, and remember seeing him)

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Am i the only person that didnt like Lionel Richie? He came across as friendly enough and seemed eager to put on a good show but i had to switch over after a few songs as the 80s cheesy pop shite gives me a headache.

sandboy

Rolf did both 92 and 02 as I remember!

bubs

Jamie T is the only one I haven’t flicked out of – seemed to be getting proper into it and actually giving the crowd what they want.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

the waterboys were the pick of what i’ve seen, everyone should check out their set – great stuff.

samcamsdad

Not really a fan of Jamie T, but quite enjoyed that.
    And now for the chemical brothers!

Speeder

Listening to the Chemical Brothers* on 6 Music now who are rocking and Django Django sounded awesome earlier – so wish I was there.

* Probably dad dance by now if there is such a genre

spursn17
    Free Member

No Courtney Barnett video’s on iplayer, b’stards!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Ryan Adams kicking the arse out of it tonight.

warton
    Free Member

The Chemical Brothers have been brilliant. not as good as Jamie xx on the first night, but still good…

nickc

Daltry singing “My Generation” without a hint of irony….

warton
    Free Member

actually, the chemicals are getting better and better. the crowd are going wild

fluided
    Free Member

Chemicals always do a good show (flashbacks 😈 )

samcamsdad

This is how you do it Kenny west, chemical brothers are rocking it!

rone

CB a tricky one at home for us. No cameras on stage and those graphic overlays getting in the way a bit but great sound and energy.

warton
    Free Member

I think this may be the performance of the weekend. **** incredible.

nuke

Frickin massive retro robots with frickin laser eyes …awesome 😀

Chemical Brothers are ace 8)

andyl
    Free Member

much better!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Pete Townsend just put Kenny West back in his box …… brilliant!

andytherocketeer

pretty disappointed with bbc coverage this time. I’m sure there used to be more. Hardly anything stood out as something to have on in the background.

Chemical Brothers was a good finish, though.

ninfan
    Free Member

Franz Ferdinand and Sparks 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody hell, the Who were good. Townsend is just brilliant. I just watched a whole Glasto set!
    They are the only band that worked on the tellly for me.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

The Who were cringeworthy. Some artists manage to age and grow and remain relevant long after their creative peak, others just continue flogging the same old same old and become a decrepit pastiche of themselves from 30 or 40 years ago.

Thought the Chemical Brothers looked good, probably the pick of the acts ive watched today. Franz Ferdinand and Sparks works surprisingly well too.

isto
    Free Member

Chemical Brothers looked good….they are always amazing live. Apart from that Wolf Alice and Caribou stood out for me. Sleaford Mods and Kate Tempest looked interesting/scary. I missed Hot Chip and Run the Jewels so will have to check them out on iPlayer.

BoardinBob

The who were abysmal. Cringeworthy nostalgia fest

DezB
    Free Member

The Who were cringeworthy. Some artists manage to age and grow and remain relevant long after their creative peak

No, they don’t. I hate old bands, and expected to say something similar after The Who. It came on and I thought “This will be bad” – 2 of the Who and a bunch of session musos… but I was mesmerised by it. Townsend’s playing is so powerful. Daltry has always been embarrassing, so I ignore him. It was great. 🙂

cliffyc
    Free Member

Enjoyed the coverage again this year,line-up will always be a curate’s egg for some music lovers. You can’t please all the people all the time it seems. Didn’t Curate’s Egg play the Acoustic stage this year…….?. 🙂

Houns

Just got back home. In the bath. Chemical Brothers still pounding in my head. Awesome.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In the bath.

Bet that feels nice. 😀

tiggs121
    Free Member

Do the Chemical Brothers actually have to be on the stage – it looked and sounded like one big pre – recorded sound and light show.

Impressive stuff but not really “live” to me.

The crowd enjoyed it so I suppose that’s what matters.

warton
    Free Member

it was in no way pre-recorded.

just because they don’t have guitars doesn’t mean they’re not making live music.

Houns

Amazing, though the dump I had in Michael Wood services N/B felt better 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Do the Chemical Brothers actually have to be on the stage

Ooh, it were all floppy hair and guitars in my day

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Ooh, it were all floppy hair and guitars in my day

Tangerine Dream were the loudest stage act “back in the day” no guitars so no feedback to worry about, just synths and massive stacks of amps behind a curtain…
    …nothing new under the sun…

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2015’ is closed to new replies.