• This topic has 213 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • Glastonbury 2015
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Watching from the sofa again this year 😐 Started this thread last year so thought I’d do one again this year.

Drove down to Wells to do some work yesterday and passed quite a few happy looking people driving down in the sunshine with smiles on their faces when I was on the way back up to Brizzle. I was suffering a bit of Glastenvy for sure.

Who’s looking forward to seeing who? Any STWers there and able to tell us what a brilliant time they’re having? 😛

Pook

Already bored of it on 6Music. I think I zoned out when lala was blathering on from the pottery field or something

cheers_drive

The Sycophantic coverage does my head in.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That was quick. 😀

thepurist

I’d rather watch top gear than glasto. But it seems that lots of people enjoy it so they can see if they can find it tucked away in the BBC schedules while I avoid it

scaredypants

it does – generally – look shit on the telly, and I’ve been told that the enduring memory is mostly related to the stench of the bogs

but I’m old now, and there’s no way it’ll match up to hendrix at the isle of wight 🙁

CountZero

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. 🙄
    I was actually rather enjoying LaLa’s wandering around the remoter parts of the site, areas that generally don’t get much attention. I even thought Keaveny’s ‘Portaloo Sunset’ quite amusing this morning, which is very much a first!

nickc

portaloo sunset made me chuckle this morning

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell…don’t tell Pook that something by Keaveny was funny. 😯 He’ll explode!

scaredypants

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. 🙄

cheer up cz – was a joke

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Line up looks pretty awesome, to be honest.

😉

granny_ring

LOL

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbh Flashy, you’d be the last person I’d expect to “get” Glasto and the first I’d expect to sneer at it. Look at all those people having a good time FFS. Can’t be having that…

A few posts in last year:

I’m looking forward to the outrage that “This Metallica band sound NOTHING like Mumford and Sons!”.

At least that was an attempt at wit.

😉 etc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hell, Motörhead are playing soon, so it can’t all be bad! 🙂

Other than that, I’d go and see SFA again any time. Oh, and am looking forward to seeing if the Beeb cover the George Clinton/Parliament/Funkadelic/SATFS spot, too.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Get little time to listen to the radio these days and when I do i can’t stand the blooming adverts…. I swear they are getting worst and it’s not just me getting older… so I quiet like Glasto on the tele

You get to see loads of different new bands and music all from the comfort of your sofa and with the red button if you don’t like one lot, just change to the next ones.

I wouldn’t have found Royal Blood if it wasnt for the Glasto coverage last year.

Who should I bne looking out for this year ?

Merak

I like Courtney Barnett,.. that’s all.

Edric64
    Free Member

Most Who fans are dead now the band is so old .and Lionel Richtea never was any good

tenfoot

Just seen alabama shakes on beeb 2. I must buy their new album.

Looking forward to Jungle and Alt J, as I saw them live earlier this year.

Always watch Glasters, for reminiscing.

ifra
    Free Member

Armchair watcher this year, looking forward to seeing Jamie T, Chemical brothers on sunday, rudimental and also a bit of george ezra, hopefull get there in person one day

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

The bloated middle class corpse of what was a great counter cultural festival.

slackalice
    Free Member

Not even with the passing of 30 years does my memory of Glastonbury get the slightest shade of pink. The mid-eighties were wet years and there was a lot of mud, wet clothing, sleeping bags and trenches with tarpaulins for the loo’s.

And I obviously had yet to find the right drugs. Which would have no doubt made it way more fun, although I’d probably be dead now if I had.

The first spin-off Glade festival however, about 12 or so years ago was f****ing brilliant 8) 😀

bearnecessities

“Dor-lly”
    “Dor-lly”
    “Dor-lly”

(She was pretty awesome last year from the armchair)

Shame about Foos; I am a river is really good IMO – coupled with some ‘learn to fly’ etc classics would have been awesome.

yunki
    Free Member

Mary J Blige has added a nice touch of authenticity to the proceedings

samcamsdad

Quite enjoying Chet Faker on the red button now. Not a clue who he is though!

scaredypants

is he a chet baker impersonator ?

bigjim

The first spin-off Glade festival however, about 12 or so years ago was f****ing brilliant

Isn’t glade a drug festival with some music? Some of my mates used to go, I think it takes them a few weeks to recover.

gregsd
    Free Member

Wolf Alice seem to be enjoy themselves!

brooess
    Free Member

Motorhead still rocking 🙂 Looking a bit aged though… it should be a day of national mourning when Lemmy goes

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In that weather, anything would sound good, even Motörhead. 😀 Nah to be fair, they’re doing alright.

Freester

IMHO you should only be qualified to comment on the quality of the line up if you are NOT going. If you’re there you will find something most excellent to experience.

However us sofa viewers have got a big weekend of mediocrity this year.

senorj

My brother has gone this year. I am very jealous& bitter,particularly as my missus has just told me she could’ve gotten me a ticket.
    I have just knocked Motörhead off.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Vaccines quite good!

Merak

Jamie XX is smashing it on the red button.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The libertines. What a total racket.

rob2
    Free Member

Lauren laverne 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d like to have seen The Libertines.

Time to see if Flo can do it then. I’m sure she will. Not my thing but the festival crowds seem to love her.

northernmatt

Florence, meh. Waiting for Hot Chip.

Speshpaul

Even by Lemmy’s standards Lemmy looks ill.
    🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

Shame about Foos; I am a river is really good IMO – coupled with some ‘learn to fly’ etc classics would have been awesome.

Saw the at Manchester before he broke his leg. They were great, apart from 20-odd minutes when they played a load of covers. Sorry, not a fan of covers bands, no matter who they are. You have what, eight or nine albums of your own material, that’s what I’m here to see you play

rascal
    Free Member

Those bloody flags!
    Pete Doc – still a knob.
    Florence and Her F’king Machine – she probably has an amazingly technically brilliant voice…it makes me want to pour hot wax into my earlobes though.
    Not that I’m a big Foos fan or anything but Florence headlining with a Libertines support does not make up for Foos headlining with Flo second fiddle – IMHO of course 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2015’ is closed to new replies.