• This topic has 310 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by llama.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 311 total)
  • Glasto on the telly
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Will catch up with Chic in the week, an awesome band.

CountZero

Loved Foos first 3 albums but the set tonight was tedious. Too much yapping and faffing – just get on with the music. And a effing keyboard player! You know a band has lost it when out comes a keyboardist doing who knows what? If the song doesn’t have keyboards in it then kindly ‘do one’ until it’s time for your 5 minutes of fame.

Just had a look at Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, which happened to be close to hand, and Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins play piano on four songs, and Rami Jaffee plays keyboards on five tracks, plus accordion on one.
    That’s just one album.
    What point were you trying to make again? 🙄

codybrennan
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member – Block User – Quote
    FF peaked round about Skin & Bones.

‘Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace’ is an amazing album, and that came out the year after.

fin25
    Free Member

Chic and Nile Rodgers are killing this!
    A lesson for Dave Grohl in how to interact with a crowd.
    It’s the only set I’ve watched all weekend where I wish I could be there.

tang
    Free Member

Same here, I’ve not been for 17 years but would love to be in front of Chic right now!

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re great. Have they got Dickie Bird on keyboards though 🙂 ?

midlifecrashes

Enjoying The Killers on BBC4, though I don’t think Brandon’s voice is what it was.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Chic….are sublime.

blitz

Chic are smashing this. Brilliant.

codybrennan
    Free Member

allthepies –
    They’re great. Have they got Dickie Bird on keyboards though ?

http://www.hiltonius.com/

CountZero

Bidding for the Springsteen sector. Playing crowd choices.

It’s a sodding festival! What do you expect, for Chris’sakes, it’s supposed to be a crowd-pleasing experience: if you want unfamiliar songs played in a way that makes them unrecognisable, go and see Bob Dylan, anyone who pitches up at a major festival and pulls a stunt like Dylan has a habit of doing is asking for the rain of piss-filled bottles treatment.
    I remember seeing Wayne County & The Electric Chairs at Reading, and the amount of mud, bottles and cans that was hurled at the stage was unbelievable, they lasted three songs, IIRC, before being driven off the stage; roadies were having to drag huge sheets of plastic on-stage to protect the Doobie Bros kit, afterwards they were using shovels to clear the stage!

Chic are smashing this. Brilliant.

Can’t argue with that, watching them right now, and they are outstanding! Rogers is one of the coolest humans on the planet, and has created some of the finest, feel-good dance-pop music ever. About as tight a band as has ever been, I reckon.
    And look at that crowd!

rOcKeTdOg

Nile Rogers guitar sound is iconic, I’ve never wanted a strat before. guy has rhythm running through his veins, but that bass, oh man! air bass all day long now

ceepers

Biffy just killed it on the pyramid stage. So much raw passion.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Incorporating “Rapper’s Delight” into ‘Good Times’…. 😉

CountZero

Damn, Sugarhill Gang! Whoop whoop! That guitar/Jazz bass interplay, just phenomenal!
    Nile’s just kicked it out of the park!
    ‘King amazing!
    Run out of superlatives now.

CountZero

Ed Sheeran; right the perfect opportunity to check out the Foos set.

ninfan
    Free Member

I reckon Glasto needs more Rockbitch!

sadexpunk

I reckon Glasto needs more Rockbitch!

rockbitch are there??? 😯

remember seeing them at nottingham, bloke next to me got the ‘golden condom’ 😀

surely you jest, they havent been on have they?

just watching that now.

ninfan
    Free Member

surely you jest, they havent been on have they?

Hell no – one could only hope!

It would certainly liven things up for the BBC live broadcast team wouldn’t it 😆

CountZero

Shirley that isn’t a poor Oasis lookalike band on one of the other main stages? 😯
    The singers going to have to do better than that! 🙄

Northwind

ceepers – Member

Hah, didn’t even know they were playing, I was watching the Jacksons on playback instead 😳 Mon the Jacksons!

Simon seems to be pretty high 😆

sadexpunk

also caught slaves earlier. couldnt take my eyes off them so they must be doing something right….

mikey74
    Free Member

Biffy Clyro are actually quite good, live.

colournoise

Right. Seen Ed Sheeran do his loop pedals thing at the start of his first track. No need to watch the rest of his set now…

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s all very clever, but not really headline material.

dannyh
    Free Member

Biffy Clyro seem to mean it.

rOcKeTdOg

Sheeran is good, no denying his talent but one guy & a loop pedal is looking a bit lost on the pyramid stage

matthew_h
    Free Member

He’s got them in the palm of his hand though

greentricky
    Free Member

Seems pretty flat to me after watching Chic and Biffy

somafunk

Justice about to play on west holts stage, 15 mins of Ed was quite enough

Northwind

Aw, they let the 4th Biffy out from behind the amps, how sweet 😆 Stingin Belle was written to “Make people’s heads blow right off at T in the Park” but apparently it works at glastonbury too.

Didn’t know Justice are still going, like a bit of that Sheerin though, he shouldn’t be my thing but it works somehow.

Anyone else watch Loyle Carner and his mum earlier? Awwwwwwwwww

seosamh77
    Free Member

somafunk – Member
    Justice about to play on west holts stage, 15 mins of Ed was quite enough

I with this dude, don’t know them, but lets give it a chance.

biffy clyro, weird singing and harmonies going on, not quite my cut of tea, was alright, the american voice really does my tits in(yer fae killie ffs 😆 ), but I can appreciate their energy!

mikey74
    Free Member

His music is very flat.

seosamh77
    Free Member

btw keifer sutherland doing country, what was that all about? 😆

welshfarmer

He needs to get his guitar tuned. Painful

whippersnapper
    Free Member

biffy clyro, weird singing and harmonies going on, not quite my cut of tea, was alright, the american voice really does my tits in(yer fae killie ffs ), but I can appreciate their energy!

Very much this. All hair and tattoos and heavyness, I feel I should like them but it feels more like x factor or something.

Quite enjoying this Moderat stuff. Is it mode rat or moderate? **** I have turned into my grandma. I’d best pour another sherry.

mikey74
    Free Member

He needs to get his guitar tuned. Painful

Haha I noticed that, just at the same time I posted the “flat” comment above (coincidence). Accentuated by it being one of his loops, which I noticed he switched off.

seosamh77
    Free Member

switched over to boy better know, gie them a chance. 😆 justice a bit predictable.

seosamh77
    Free Member

whippersnapper – Member
    Very much this. All hair and tattoos and heavyness, I feel I should like them but it feels more like x factor or something.

like slightly heavier american pop rock is how i’d describe it.

the-muffin-man

Ed Sheeran – don’t mind the bloke, quite like some of his songs. But this is tedious. Get some drums, get some more guitars – get some ‘show’ in there. Fine down the local pub, but lost here.

Kanye was more engaging a few years back.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Glasto on the telly’ is closed to new replies.