• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Glasses – that don't fog and don't cost the earth
  • tobyho
    Free Member

A mate once had a pair of safety glasses from Screwfix I think for like £3 he thought these were great..

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

user-removed
    Free Member

Just bought my 3rd pair of these;

bolle safety glasses

I keep on putting them down to take photos and forgetting to put them on again…..

Cheap as chips, don't fog (IME) and they keep the mud out of my contact lenses.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

Safety glasses from work here to they work just fine

stevomcd
    Free Member

I've used the Bollé safety glasses and they've been good, but they do steam up pretty easily.

Now got Specialized Singletracks which are fantastic, best riding glasses I've ever had.

peath
    Free Member

+1 for the safety glasses.

greasystain
    Free Member

Endura Spectrum:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26714

£15 for good lenses and no frills

Tiger6791

greasystain – Member

Endura Spectrum:

Good in that they don't fog but they do slip a lot!

br
    Free Member

basic m-arcs, £15

Slogo
    Free Member

just lick the lenses the saliver will stop them steaming up. and move then a few mm from in front of your face.

works for me.

greasystain
    Free Member

Good in that they don't fog but they do slip a lot!

You need a bigger nose.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To stop fogging bob heath visor spray is the stuff, Rainx works but not as well

Tiger6791

You need a bigger nose

I doubt that

stumpy01

I've always been happy with Bloc glasses. My latest pair were £30 I think for polarised lenses and a pretty comfy fit.
    I replaced my old pair as in hot conditions, they would tend to slip off my nose on long technical descents…

They only seem to fog when you stop after putting a fair effort in.

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

this thread reminded me to nab a pair of yellow tinted lenses from work and see if they work…

donsimon
    Free Member

Anti fog- put a dab of washing up liquid on the lens and then wipe clean jsut before your ride, should do the trick.

clareymorris

ExampleOptic nerve gasses are good, they have vented lenses – lots on Amazon.

allyharp

Anybody got any experience of Endura Stingray?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26716

Bert
    Free Member

greasystain – Member
    Endura Spectrum:

£15 for good lenses and no frills

What he said.

camster
    Free Member

Allyharp

Yes, they're really good IMHO but a tad fragile. I fell off and snapped one of the arms but Endura replaced for £5.80. Oh, and they don't fog up too.

For the price and lenses, I'd recommend in an intant!

Northwind

Another Bolle user here, they're ace, honestly better than my "proper" riding glasses, and it's not as annoying when I lose them. BL10s for me, in clear and in shaded. And a bottle of Nikwax Visorproof to stop fogging, not cheap but lasts forever and pretty much stops fogging.

catfood
    Free Member

Ive used bolle safety glasses for ages, they always steamed up fairly easily but the latest ones Ive bought dont speam up at all, cost about £5 on ebay.

dans160
    Free Member

I use fog tech. Works a treat.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Aye, Got the endura stingrays and not had problems with misting up or slipping, to be fair a good pair (or 4!) of biking spectoids.

I use a variety of different Bolle styles as throwaways, but they do fog and scratch easily – maybe because they're cheap I'm not as careful with them.

I have some Specialized Adaptalite Singletracks which are amazing – got em for £20 in a sale.

Ewan
    Free Member

I wear contacts and used to wear glasses to keep the mud out however… since using the inner tube (or neoguard if your posh) between fork bridge and crown i've had no need to. It stops pretty much everything flicking up (with the exception of dust if your following someone).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Glasses – that don't fog and don't cost the earth’ is closed to new replies.